Make this BBQ Chicken Pizza right in your own kitchen! Use some store bought help to get this tasty pizza on the table faster than delivery!
Don’t you just love easy dinner recipes like this one? Easy is one thing, but an easy recipe that wows the dinner crowd is a home run. Also be sure to check out a couple of our other copycat recipes like these Homemade Totino’s Pizza Rolls and these Grilled Chicken Nuggets that taste just like the Chick Fil A grilled nuggets!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
We’re keeping this BBQ Chicken Pizza super easy without sacrificing ANY flavor. Yes, of course you can make your own pizza crust, or you can buy store bought dough, but grabbing these pre-made pizza crusts are a total win.
They have great flavor, you can keep them frozen until you’re ready and then just place on a sheet pan and add your toppings. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
We’ve swapped out one ingredient in this popular pizza recipe and we think it makes a BIG difference in the flavor…read on to find out what it is!
How To Make BBQ Chicken Pizza
Let’s start with the ingredients that you’ll need to make this delicious pizza recipe!
- Shredded Chicken: A rotisserie chicken is a perfect solution for this pizza recipe, or any leftover chicken you have in the fridge!
- Store bought pizza crust: You can buy store bought pizza rust right on the shelf or frozen. I prefer the frozen kind, but whichever brand you buy make sure to grab the thin crust version for this pizza.
- Low Sugar BBQ Sauce: This is our secret ingredient! Why? Because one thing I don’t really like is the super sweet barbecue sauce that gets loaded onto the famous CPK bbq chicken pizza. I do love bbq sauce but when it comes to my pizza, I don’t want it to taste sweet. Grabbing a low sugar bbq sauce is the perfect solution!
- Red Onion: Red onion is the classic way to make this pizza recipe, if you’re really not a fan of the raw onion flavor you can soak the sliced onion in ice water for 5 minutes before adding it to your pizza. This method will take some of the “sharp” flavor out of the onion.
- Mozzarella Cheese: You can grab whole milk or part skim, but if you ask us whole milk is more flavorful for this recipe.
- Cilantro: Just a few torn leaves of fresh cilantro at the end really finishes this pizza off! Not a cilantro fan? Try fresh parsley leaves or just leave it off.
Just add your pizza crust to a baking sheet, add the barbecue sauce first followed by the chicken, sliced onion and mozzarella cheese. Before you add the chicken, toss it in a couple of tablespoons of the bbq sauce just to get it nice and coated.
Bake this BBQ Chicken Pizza at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and let rest just about 5 minutes before cutting. Tear a few fresh cilantro leaves on top, slice into wedges and serve!
We also like to add a little bit of good quality grated parmesan cheese to this pizza, not traditional but we like it.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Pizza?
When you’re in a hurry, just 30 seconds n the microwave will do. For a really crispy, reheated crust, reheat the pizza in the oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes until just warned through.
You can even freeze leftover pizza and heat it back up right from frozen! Place the frozen pizza slices on a sheet pan and cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cooked though.
Looking For More Pizza Recipes?
- Sausage Pesto Pizza
- Italian Beef Pizza
- Roasted Tomato Basil Pizza
- Chicken Parmesan Pizza (with a crispy, breaded chicken crust!)
- Saucy Chicken Pizza Rolls
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
This BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is even better than the famous CPK version! I ingredient swap makes all the difference in the flavor. With a little store bought help, this pizza is ready faster than delivery!
- 2 (10 inch) store bought pizza crusts
- 1 cup (plus a couple tablespoons) low sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional, can also substitute fresh parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the pizza crusts on 2 sheet pans. Follow the package instructions for frozen pizza crust, some will tell you to let the crust defrost first and some will say cook right from frozen.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the bbq sauce to each pizza crust. Toss the shredded chicken in a couple of tablespoons of the bbq sauce, just enough to coat it lightly, then divide the chicken and add it to each pizza crust.
- Divide the red onion and the mozzarella cheese in half and add it to each pizza crust. Place the pizzas in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top the pizzas with fresh, torn cilantro leaves (if using), slice into wedges and serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, pizza recipe, bbq chicken pizza, copycat recipes, easy recipes, recipes with rotisserie chicken, easy chicken recipes