These Chicken Pizza Rolls are loaded with vegetables, chicken and cheese! A fun dinner instead of ordering pizza, or serve for appetizers at happy hour!
Chicken Pizza Rolls For Appetizers Or Dinner!
Besides the taste, the best part about these chicken pizza rolls is that they take about 15 minutes to make. And if you ask me these are the nicest looking pizza rolls I’ve ever seen. White table cloth pizza rolls even…
Not only can you serve these pizza rolls at a party for appetizers or for dinner (maybe a caesar salad on the side) but the kids love these pizza rolls too! You can add all sorts of different pizza toppings like sausage, mushrooms and pepperoni. So try these pizza rolls instead of ordering take out!
How To Make These Saucy Chicken Pizza Rolls
Start these pizza rolls by grabbing pre-made pizza dough from the store, shredded mozzarella cheese, and of course the spaghetti sauce. You can get a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it to make this pizza roll recipe really easy, or use leftover chicken.
Slightly roll the dough out on a board and then cover it with the spaghetti sauce. I think I’ve got the perfect amount in this recipe, so it’s saucy but not falling apart on you.
If you can’t find this type of jarred sauce you can use whatever marinara sauce you have on hand. This recipe was for a sponsored post that we did a few years back and it was delicious, it works with any sauce!
Then comes a layer of mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken. You could also use crumbled beef or sausage that you browned up ahead of time, or even leave the meat out for a vegetarian version.
Then the final layer is fresh basil. The fresh basil really adds a good flavor to these pizza rolls, so don’t skip this step!
Then it’s time to roll it up. Do this carefully, it’s pretty stuffed at this point, but you’re going to start with the long end and roll to end up with the seam side down. Then cut it into about 1 1/2″ pieces so you end up with 9 pieces.
Stand them up in an 8″x 8″ baking dish and get ’em in the oven. Bake these Chicken Pizza Rolls covered for about 20 minutes, then uncovered for another 5 to crisp up the tops.
Cut yourself out a roll (or cut them all) and dive in. The chunks of eggplant and artichoke mixed together with the cheese and the chicken…it’ll seem like you slaved all day in the kitchen to make these!
Can These Pizza Rolls Be Vegetarian?
Yes! Just leave out the chicken and voila, you have a vegetarian pizza roll suitable for any happy hour. If you want to amp up the flavors a bit, you can add fresh spinach, chopped broccoli, drained, diced artichoke hearts or any vegetable you like.
Switch up the flavors by using your favorite jarred marinara sauce, or even make your own!
Looking For More Pizza Inspired Recipes?
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Roasted Tomato Basil Pizza
- Caprese Pizza Pinwheels
- Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
- Pepperoni Pizza Arancini
Chicken Pizza Rolls are loaded with vegetables, chicken and cheese! A fun dinner instead of pizza, or serve for appetizers at happy hour!
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough tube
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Classico Riserva Eggplant & Artichoke Pasta Sauce (or your favorite marinara sauce)
- 10–12 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured board, spread out the pizza and roll out just slightly until you have a 9” x 12” rectangle.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the dough leaving a 1/2“ border along the edges.
- Cover the sauce with the mozzarella cheese, then the chicken and then the fresh basil leaves.
- Roll the dough up from the long side of the rectangle making a 12” long tube.
- Cut the tube into 9 even slices, about 1 1/2“ thick each then stand up the slices with the cut sides showing in an 8”x8” baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake another 5-8 minutes until the tops are browned and crispy.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pizza rolls, pizza recipes, appetizer recipes, appetizer ideas, recipes with rotisserie chicken, easy chicken recipes