These Bacon Ranch Skillet Chicken Rolls are going to blow them away for dinner! Grab a rotisserie chicken to get these chicken rolls on the table fast!
Who wouldn’t love an easy chicken recipe that the whole family goes crazy over? Another family favorite are these crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan Wings that you can dip in marinara sauce and these Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Nuggets that are so crispy, you’d swear they were fried!
An Easy Family Dinner Recipe
You know how you have your standard orders at your favorite pizza place? It seems like you end up ordering the same thing almost every time you call.. because those are the things that you’ve been craving all week.
We definitely have ours, and other friends of our have their favorites. One of them that is very popular is a chicken roll. You can get them in a few different varieties, but all of them are so loaded with cheese that really, they aren’t even that good.
Here’s where most pizza places loose us. All the gobs of cheese. Pizza to me doesn’t have to have so much cheese on it, more toppings the better. Cheese, yes, but a good ratio. Like this Pizza Sandwich recipe has a good ratio of all the ingredients, so you can tell its going to be good.
But I love the idea of this Bacon Ranch Skillet Chicken Roll for dinner that’s just about as easy to make as ordering take out!
How To Make Bacon Ranch Skillet Chicken Rolls
Use a rotisserie chicken from the store to make this an even faster meal, then just toss it in a bowl with scallions, bacon, cheese, ranch dressing and Worcestershire sauce.
We love grabbing rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make easy dinner recipes like this Caramelized Onion Chicken Salad and this Skillet Chicken Pot Pie!
When the filling is done, grab a package of crescent rolls and roll them out slightly a cutting board and then pinch all the seams together.
Dump the filling down the middle of the roll and carefully bring up the sides of the dough to pinch it together. Make sure you get all the seams sealed so the filling doesn’t leak out when it’s cooking.
Cut the rolls into 8 pieces and get a cast iron skillet ready with some melted butter. This is so the bottoms of the rolls get really crispy before baking the rest of the way in the oven…you could skip this step but I don’t recommend it.
You could also bake this as a whole roll, just transfer it to a sheet pan before cutting and bake. But there’s something about the crispy bottoms and the tops of these Bacon Ranch Skillet Chicken Rolls that make them so unbelievably good.
What Ingredients Can I Swap Out In This Chicken Roll Recipe?
This chicken roll recipe is really versatile. You can add or swap out so many different ingredients!
- Leftover Turkey
- Shredded Pulled Pork
- Cooked Ground Beef
- Chopped, cooked broccoli or spinach
- Different cheeses like cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Cooked, Diced peppers
- Cooked Mushrooms
Looking For More Family Dinner Recipes?
- Classic Beef Lasagna
- Homemade Spaghettios
- Cheeseburger Caserole Recipe
- Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings
- Cheese Doodle Chicken Meatballs
Bacon Ranch Skillet Chicken Rolls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
These fun bacon chicken rolls use a rotisserie chicken to save a few steps! Kids adore these chicken rolls for dinner, empty plates all around!
- 2 cups shredded chicken (can use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about a 6 strips), cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12 oz. package crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the chicken, bacon, scallions, cheese, Worcestershire and ranch together in a bowl.
- Roll out the crescent rolls onto a large board sealing the cut edges together with your fingers.
- Lay the chicken mixture out in the middle of the rectangle and roll the edges of the dough together to meet in the center. Pinch the seams closed with your fingers and cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet until foaming and then lay the slices carefully into the pan leaving room around each roll to cook.
- Bake for 15 minutes until brown on top and serve.
Alternately you can cook these in a 8″ round cake pan, spray the bottom with non stick cooking spray and skip the melted butter.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipes, recipes with rotisserie chicken, chicken roll recipe, easy dinner recipes, recipes with bacon, family dinner ideas