Cheese Doodle Chicken Meatballs are the ultimate kid party food! Chicken meatballs, stuffed with cheese – dipped in cheese -and coated with cheese doodles!
A Fun, Party Appetizer For Kids
I know you’re thinking I’ve lost it now. Cheese Doodle Chicken Meatballs???
You’re going to want to stay with me here…because this recipe is going to blow you away. Meatballs recipes for apps are some of my favorites – like these Cheeseburger Meatballs or these Turkey Meatballs with Whiskey Glaze. Love ’em.
My little guy is obsessed with cheese doodles, any of you that have kids might get what I mean when I say that – because I mean OBSESSED. He’d eat the whole bag if we let him – we don’t obviously – but he’d have zero problem doing it.
I can’t say that I haven’t eaten a cheese doodle or two in my life either, I mean, I get it. They’re good. And totally addicting. But what happens when I create a meatball, stuffed with Velveeta cheese and then use crushed cheese doodles as the breadcrumbs???
You’ve got the ultimate party food for kids. And adults, because I’m telling you guys, these cheese stuffed chicken meatballs are darn good.
How To Make Cheese Doodle Chicken Meatballs
Start out by mixing up ground chicken, bacon, scallions, bread crumbs, an egg, and some seasonings in a bowl.
Roll them into pretty large meatballs and place them on a baking sheet.
Grab a meatball in your hand (if this gets sticky spray your hands with cooking spray first) then use your other finger to push a hole into the center of the meatball, not all the way through, just a pocket for a square of cheese to sit inside.
Get a piece of Velveeta cheese and stuff it in.
Close the meatball back up around the cheese and place back onto you baking sheet…and repeat.
Once you got your meatballs stuffed you can start breading them in the crushed cheese doodles. Set up a traditional breading station, eggs, flour and instead of breadcrumbs – crushed cheese doodles.
Once the meatball are all breaded, get them into the oven for about 20 minutes.
Can You freeze These Chicken Meatballs?
You definitely can! Make the meatballs, bread them and then freeze them before baking. Freeze them on a baking sheet first so that the meatballs don’t stick together and then you can place them into a resealable freezer bag.
Cook these chicken meatballs right from frozen in a 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes.
Not only are these Cheese Doodle Chicken Meatballs awesome for kids parties but they are going to be a hit for Game day appetizers, ANY holiday party, birthdays or just happy hour with a couple of beers.
Because even though I’m making this cheese stuffed meatball recipe for the kids, I’m telling you the adults won’t be able to stop eating them either!
Make sure to serve these Cheese Doodle Chicken Meatballs piping hot so you get that awesome, melted cheese center!
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
- Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Meatballs
- Crock Pot Asian Meatballs
- Beer & Pretzel Cocktail Meatballs
- Chicken and Waffle Meatballs
These cheese stuffed chicken meatballs are the ultimate kid party food! Sure the kids are going to flip for these meatballs but I can tell you the adults are going to love them too!
For the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
For Breading The Meatballs:
- 1 bag cheese doodles, placed in a bowl and crushed with your hands until it looks like bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs (except for the cubed Velveeta cheese) into a large mixing bowl and stir or mix mix your hands until it’s well combined.
- Form the meatballs with a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, or you can use your hands and form into 2″ balls, then place onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Holding a meatball in one hand, use your finger and gently press an indentation in the center of the meatball big enough for the piece of cheese to go into. Place a cube of cheese into the hole and form the meatball back around the hole until the cheese is completely hidden.
- Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Take a meatball and dip first into the beaten eggs, letting the excess drip off, and then the flour and finally the crushed cheese doodles.
- Repeat until all the meatballs are breaded and then return to the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes and serve immediately.
You can make these meatballs ahead of time, cook them and freeze them for later use. When ready, cook the frozen meatballs at 375 for 35 minutes until warm in the center.
You’ll get about 24 meatballs from this recipe.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken meatballs, meatball recipe, appetizer recipes, kid approved food, kid friendly recipes, party food for kids, game day appetizers