Peanut Butter and Jelly Meatballs are a fun and tasty chicken meatball recipe! Make these meatballs for appetizers, snacks, dinner and even lunch to go!
We love fun recipes like these meatballs that our kids go crazy for! Get your kids to eat salad with these fun Antipasto Salad Kabobs, or try these Mini Big Mac Sliders for a fun dinner or birthday party idea!
Kids Love These Fun Chicken Meatballs!
Stick with me here…I know a lot of you are thinking that peanut butter and meatballs are not going to go well together. But it really is the perfect balance of flavors tucked into one delicious meatball recipe!
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Meatball recipe is a twist on chicken satay. Chicken satay, if you’re not familiar, is marinated chicken skewers that are dipped into a peanut sauce.
Delicious. So we decided to take that idea and turn it into a fun chicken meatball recipe, with two fun dipping sauces. And let me tell you, these meatballs are so amazingly tasty, we’re only mad we didn’t think about it sooner.
How Do You Make This Chicken Meatball Recipe?
Instead of chicken tenders, this recipe uses ground chicken so that you can make meatballs to dip into the peanut butter dipping sauce and also a raspberry dipping sauce.
Again, I know. Chicken meatballs dipped in jelly??? Stay with me, you’re going to love how these come out. Not that much different of a concept than say a Swedish meatball or most cocktail meatball recipes. This meatball recipe is just way more fun.
In a bowl, add a pound of ground chicken, one egg, breadcrumbs, salt and brown sugar.
Mix the ground chicken together with the other ingredients then start making the meatballs. I used a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop so I didn’t have to involve my hands at all. Ground chicken meatballs can definitely be a messy job.
A good tip is to spray your scooper with cooking spray so the ground chicken mixture doesn’t stick, and if you’re using your hands you can spray them too!
Coat the meatballs in panko breadcrumbs and then get in the oven to bake.
What Kind Of Jelly Is Best For These Meatballs?
While the meatballs are baking get a small saucepan for the jelly dipping sauce. Grab some jelly…any kind you like, we used raspberry but grape, strawberry or apricot would all work great!
Here’s the big shocker about this recipe. I’ve never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my whole life – I mean seriously, never had one.
I’ve had peanut butter sandwiches but never the two together. I’m assuming I’ll have to make myself one now because I loved these meatballs so much! (See UPDATE below!!!)
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Meatballs can be a fun dinner, appetizers for a party or packed in a lunch box for school. So definitely make extra for the leftovers!
Since posting this recipe, I have eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I have to tell you, it’s not my thing. My friend we’re shocked and full of disbelief, I promise you. But to be honest, I like these Peanut Butter and Jelly Meatballs much better than a sandwich! Truth.
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
- Chicken & Broccoli Meatballs
- Crock Pot Asian Meatballs
- Thai Shrimp Meatballs
- Grandma’s Sunday Meatballs & Sauce
- Cheeseburger Meatballs
Make this fun meatball recipe for appetizers, dinner or lunch on the go! Ground chicken meatballs dipped into either a peanut butter sauce or a jelly dipping sauce – or both!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 batch of peanut sauce, if using store bought you’ll need about a cup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped or minced garlic
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
For the Jelly sauce:
- 3/4 c. raspberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start the peanut sauce by adding all the ingredients to a small pot. Warm the sauce over medium-low heat stirring often until the peanut butter is mixed together with the other ingredients and warmed through (about 5 minutes) Cover and remove from the heat.
- Add the chicken, egg, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, 1/3 cup of the peanut sauce, salt and brown sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Place the remaining cup of breadcrumbs in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a 2 teaspoon scoop (or clean hands sprayed with cooking spray) portion out a meatball and drop it into the bowl of breadcrumbs. Coat the meatball entirely with the breadcrumbs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining meatball until are are coated.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking you can make the raspberry sauce by adding the jelly and water to a small saucepan. Stir and heat until the jelly has liquified (about 5 minutes), then cover and remove from the heat.
- Serve the meatballs with the jelly sauce and the rest of the peanut sauce for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ground chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, meatball recipes, chicken meatballs