These Peanut Butter and Jelly Chicken Wings might just become your new favorite wings. Crispy baked wings coated with peanut sauce and a jelly dipping sauce!
We trying new and addicting chicken wing flavors! If you’re looking for inspiration for wings, be sure to check out our baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, these Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings, and these fun Nacho Chicken Wings!
Are These Chicken Wings Baked Or Fried?
The wings are baked until super crispy, then coated with a peanut sauce and served with a raspberry jelly dipping sauce.
Did I loose you yet?
What Do Peanut Butter and Jelly Wings Taste Like?
The best way to describe these wings is to compare them to a peanut satay sauce. I used a natural peanut butter so it doesn’t get too sweet. These wings have a lot of asian flavors going on…the raspberry sauce is flavored with hoisin and soy sauce and the peanut sauce has sriracha and coconut milk. It’s a sweet and spicy combination that goes perfectly together.
You can easily make these wings spicier, or keep them more mild. I like them with a little heat but they’re not overly spicy at all. Not like the kind of wings that you need one hand on your beer at all times…just the perfect amount of background heat.
How To Make This Baked Chicken Wing Recipe
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Season the wings with salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt and chili powder. Pour some olive oil over the top and cook them for 45 minutes.
While the wings are in the oven you can start making both sauces. For the peanut sauce, get a medium sauce pan and start cooking some chopped garlic in olive oil on low heat. Add in the rest of the ingredients for the peanut sauce, stir well and set aside.
To make the raspberry dipping sauce, all you need to do is add the jelly, raspberry jam, hoisin and the soy sauce to a small pan over low heat. Whisk the sauce until the jelly is smooth then add a tablespoon of Wondra flour to thicken it up.
After the wings have roasted, take them out of the oven and toss them in a large bowl with half of the peanut sauce.
When they’re tossed up and all coated, place them on parchment lined baking sheets and baste with additional peanut sauce. You want to make sure they are really coated with a lot of the peanut sauce.
Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Garnish the wings with chopped peanuts and serve with the raspberry dipping sauce on the side. Tell your guests that you’ll be serving Peanut Butter and Jelly Wings for dinner…they’ll think you’re crazy until they try them!
And bonus – the kids love these wings too! Anything peanut butter and jelly for the kids right?
Looking For More Chicken Wing Recipes?
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings
- Chicken Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Nacho Chicken Wings
- Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings
- Asian Glazed Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
These Peanut Butter and Jelly Chicken Wings have such a unique flavor! A slightly spicy, slightly sweet sauce coats these baked wings!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, separated at the joints
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or 1/2 t. if you like it a little spicier)
For the Raspberry Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Wondra® flour (see note)
- Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the wings with the salt and pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and seasoned salt.
- Drizzle olive oil over the wings and place them in the oven for 35 minutes until crispy.
- While the wings are cooking you can start the sauces.
- For the peanut sauce, add the minced garlic into the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Cook for 2-3 minutes over low heat. Then add in the rest of the peanut sauce ingredients and stir well. Cover and set aside.
- In another small saucepan, add in the ingredients for the raspberry sauce (except the Wondra® flour) and stir well over low heat until the jelly dissolves. Once the jelly is dissolved and slightly bubbling, add he Wondra and stir until the sauce thickens. Cover and set aside.
- After the wings have baked, take them out of the oven and toss them in a large bowl with about half of the peanut sauce. When they’re good and coated, place them on parchment lined baking sheets and place them back into the oven for 10 minutes, then baste with more of the peanut sauce and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish the wings with chopped peanuts and serve with the raspberry dipping sauce on the side.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, crispy chicken wings, chicken wing recipe, easy chicken wings, appetizer recipe, how to bake chicken wings