These Beer and Pretzel Cocktail Meatballs are a fun and tasty appetizer recipe! These beer infused meatballs with a pretzel coating are so addicting!
I love cooking with beer. Either in the food or just cooking – with a beer. These Beer and Pretzel Cocktail Meatballs are just one of our many favorite ways to cook with booze. We love this Captain and Coke Glazed Ham recipe and these Guinness Beer Lamb Chops.
It just makes cooking seem more fun, doesn’t it? When booze of any type is involved, really.
Both fun and tasty recipes for entertaining at parties!
How To Make Cocktail Meatballs:
First you need to grab yourself a beer, then some pretzels. The rest is a pretty basic ground beef recipe…
Beer infused beef? Well, yes. We are adding a splash of beer to these meatballs today. These meatballs are football food. Party food. Tailgate food. Fun food.
The beer in this recipe does flavor the meatballs, but it also helps to keep them moist so they don’t dry out. Seal these meatballs up with a crunchy pretzel coating and you’ve got the perfect appetizer in my book.
Roll these up, coat them in pretzels and bake. These Beer and Pretzel Cocktail Meatballs are only going to take about 20 minutes to get cooked through and crispy!
I used a pretzel stick instead of a toothpick, I mean why not be able to eat the whole thing right? I think you could even get creative with the pretzel coating and use a flavored pretzel, too. There’s honey mustard pretzels, buffalo pretzels, sour cream and onion pretzels…all would be awesome.
Even the pretzel sticks on top could be flavored! We love making recipes like these pretzel meatballs and then making them in different ways to see which turns out to be our favorite.
A fun party idea would be to make a few different “flavors” of this meatball recipe by switching up the pretzel coating and setting them out for your guests to choose.
Then you can add a few different dipping sauces and you’ve got yourself a party!
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
- Grandma’s Sunday Meatballs
- Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs with Whiskey Glaze
Shop The Recipe!
These fun and tasty meatball appetizers are great for parties! Have your beer and pretzels all in one bite!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces beer (lager, pilsner, your favorite kind works too)
- 3 cups crushed pretzels (pulsed in a food processor for the coating)
- 40 thin pretzel sticks
- Mustard for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the beef, oregano, garlic powder, salt, eggs, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, pepper and beer to a large bowl.
- Mix well and portion into balls using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop.
- Roll in pretzel “breadcrumbs” and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- While still warm, insert a pretzel stick into each meatball.
- Serve with mustard for dipping.
You can try using flavored pretzels for the coating too!
- Category: appetizers
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipes, meatball appetizers, meatball recipes, ground beef recipes, recipe using ground beef, cocktail meatballs, cooking with beer