These fun and tasty meatball appetizers are great for parties! Have your beer and pretzels all in one bite!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces beer (lager, pilsner, your favorite kind works too)
- 3 cups crushed pretzels (pulsed in a food processor for the coating)
- 40 thin pretzel sticks
- Mustard for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the beef, oregano, garlic powder, salt, eggs, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, pepper and beer to a large bowl.
- Mix well and portion into balls using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop.
- Roll in pretzel “breadcrumbs” and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- While still warm, insert a pretzel stick into each meatball.
- Serve with mustard for dipping.
You can try using flavored pretzels for the coating too!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipes, meatball appetizers, meatball recipes, ground beef recipes, recipe using ground beef, cocktail meatballs, cooking with beer