These cheese stuffed chicken meatballs are the ultimate kid party food! Sure the kids are going to flip for these meatballs but I can tell you the adults are going to love them too!
For the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
For Breading The Meatballs:
- 1 bag cheese doodles, placed in a bowl and crushed with your hands until it looks like bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs (except for the cubed Velveeta cheese) into a large mixing bowl and stir or mix mix your hands until it’s well combined.
- Form the meatballs with a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, or you can use your hands and form into 2″ balls, then place onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Holding a meatball in one hand, use your finger and gently press an indentation in the center of the meatball big enough for the piece of cheese to go into. Place a cube of cheese into the hole and form the meatball back around the hole until the cheese is completely hidden.
- Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Take a meatball and dip first into the beaten eggs, letting the excess drip off, and then the flour and finally the crushed cheese doodles.
- Repeat until all the meatballs are breaded and then return to the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes and serve immediately.
You can make these meatballs ahead of time, cook them and freeze them for later use. When ready, cook the frozen meatballs at 375 for 35 minutes until warm in the center.
You’ll get about 24 meatballs from this recipe.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken meatballs, meatball recipe, appetizer recipes, kid approved food, kid friendly recipes, party food for kids, game day appetizers