For the meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 bag cheese doodles, placed in a bowl and crushed with your hands until it looks like bread crumbs
For the Velveeta dip
- 12 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs (except for the cubed Velveeta cheese and the cheese doodles) into a large mixing bowl and stir or mix mix your hands until it’s well combined.
- Form the meatballs with a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, or you can use your hands and form into 2″ balls, then place onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Holding a meatball in one hand, use your finger and gently press an indentation in the center of the meatball big enough for the piece of cheese to go into. Place a cube of cheese into the hole and form the meatball back around the hole until the cheese is completely hidden.
- Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- In a medium pot, heat the Velveeta cheese along with the chicken broth over medium heat. Whisk until smooth.
- Take a meatball and dip into the Velveeta cheese sauce, then coat with the cheese doodle bread crumbs.
- Repeat until all the meatballs are dipped and coated, return to the baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
You can make these meatballs ahead of time, cook them and freeze them for later use. When ready, cook the frozen meatballs at 375 for 30 minutes until warm in the center.