This BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is even better than the famous CPK version! I ingredient swap makes all the difference in the flavor. With a little store bought help, this pizza is ready faster than delivery!
- 2 (10 inch) store bought pizza crusts
- 1 cup (plus a couple tablespoons) low sugar BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional, can also substitute fresh parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the pizza crusts on 2 sheet pans. Follow the package instructions for frozen pizza crust, some will tell you to let the crust defrost first and some will say cook right from frozen.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the bbq sauce to each pizza crust. Toss the shredded chicken in a couple of tablespoons of the bbq sauce, just enough to coat it lightly, then divide the chicken and add it to each pizza crust.
- Divide the red onion and the mozzarella cheese in half and add it to each pizza crust. Place the pizzas in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top the pizzas with fresh, torn cilantro leaves (if using), slice into wedges and serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, pizza recipe, bbq chicken pizza, copycat recipes, easy recipes, recipes with rotisserie chicken, easy chicken recipes