These tasty sliders are made with Italian sausage and chopped olives, just like a Picadillo recipe except on a bun!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 28 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- Slider Buns
- Mix the sausage together with the chopped olives and form (5) 3 oz. patties.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce with the cinnamon, garlic powder, cumin and salt and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Heat up a large skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. You can also cook these on the grill or a grill pan.
- Cook the sliders for 4 minutes on one side and then flip for another 3 on the other side.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each slider then place the lid on the skillet to melt the cheese.
- Put each slider onto a bun, spoon some of the tomato sauce on and then the top of the bun.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage sliders, recipes with sausage, picadillo, appetizer recipes, dinner ideas, slider recipes