Sausage and Pepper Crescent Cups are the perfect bite sized appetizers! This easy sausage appetizer recipe is a family favorite!
Why We Love Crescent Roll Recipes
It seems like we always have a tube or two of crescent rolls in our refrigerator at all times, am I right? Crescent rolls are always an easy thing to throw in the oven right before dinner to complete the meal.
My point is, everything that’s wrapped up in a crescent roll is usually a hit. Now add in sausage, peppers and mozzarella cheese…well that’s a win no matter what you wrap it up in.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
You can absolutely make the filling ahead of time, no problem. Then all you need to do is fill the cups and bake before serving.
But if you’re really wanting to save some time, you can bake these crescent cups all the way through and then reheat them in a low oven for best results.
If you have a bunch of these appetizers leftover or maybe you just make them to keep in the refrigerator for the kids to snack on, 30 seconds in the microwave works fine too.
Variations On The Recipe
We love this one as is, but a lot of the time we do try and use what we have on hand instead of running out to the store! Instead of Italian sausage you can swap our ground beef or pork. Shredded chicken would work great too!
As far as the cheese goes, mozzarella is our go to but you can also use Monterey jack or pepper jack and add some parmesan cheese in there too. Any goo melting cheese that you like is going to work.
Have fresh peppers in the fridge? Definitely chop those up and use them instead of the roasted red peppers, just add them to the skillet with the onions.
Looking For More Easy Appetizers?
- LAYERED BEEF BURRITO DIP
- ITALIAN DELI ROLL UPS
- SKILLET SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP
- CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
Sausage and Pepper Crescent Cups are delicious bite sized appetizers! This easy, cheesy sausage appetizer recipe is a family favorite!
- 2 packages Crescent Rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet with the onions over medium heat. Stir and cook about 5 minutes until translucent then add in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sausage to the skillet with the onions and break up with a spoon until browned and cooked through. Stir in the cream cheese and roasted red peppers. Turn off the heat and set the filling aside.
- Place one package of crescent roll dough on a cutting board sprinkled with flour.
- Press the seams together with your fingers then roll out slightly.
- Using a 3 1/4″ round cutter, cut out 8 rounds of dough and place each round into the center of a mini muffin tin. Roll out the leftover dough and cut out 2 more rounds.
- Repeat with the other package of dough, then fill to the tops with the sausage filling.
- Top with the mozzarella and bake for 10 minutes.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizers, appetizer recipe, crescent roll recipes, easy appetizers, holiday appetizers, game day food, sausage appetizers