Make this Layered Beef Burrito Dip at your next party and watch it disappear! Layers of beans, rice, meat and cheese make this dip more like a meal!
At almost every party or gathering of some kind, there’s going to be a dip recipe. A hot dip, cold dip or a queso dip keeping warm in a crock pot…
We love making dip.
Almost as important as the dip recipe itself is what you serve to “dip” into the dip. This is where you can get creative! Set out a few of the standards, then set out some interesting options that people might not normally think of.
And that’s how you get a party started, my friends. Well, that and some TEQUILA SHOTS…but we’ll get to that another time.
Can You Make This Dip Ahead Of Time?
This is actually a really great appetizer that you can make ahead of time, yes. All before your guests arrive.
Assemble the layers of the dip and then stash in your fridge until it’s party time. Then all there is to do is pop it in the oven so it warms through and the cheese gets bubbly and melty on top.
Those are some technical cheese terms right there.
When you’re ready to make this Layered Beef Burrito Dip, start by making an easy beef filling. Just onion, ground beef, tomatoes and a few seasonings.
Start with a layer of refried beans on the bottom of a baking dish.
Top that layer with a layer of rice…you can use white or brown here, we went with white for this recipe. Have you guys ever tried frozen rice???
I never knew it existed until I tried it from Trader Joe’s. It’s so easy, just pop a bag in the microwave and in 3 minutes you have perfectly, fluffy, cooked rice!
They do have frozen rice right at your regular grocery store, too. Just an option to cut down on the prep work here.
The next layer is the beef so that the beef mixture can soak into the rice while it’s baking…that beef filling is so good you can just eat it up with a spoon.
Or with tortilla chips. Or Fritos. Or whatever is available. It doesn’t matter, this beef filling is so delicious you’ll be using it for your tacos, nachos, quesadillas, taco bowls…
Then the cheese. A lot of cheese, please. Don’t skimp out on the cheese here, its the best part, next to that yummy beef filling.
Bake for 15 minutes and serve with tons of tortilla chips for dipping.
What Else Can I Serve With This Dip?
• Celery or carrot sticks
• Pretzel chips
• Lightly toasted slices of bread (like a baguette)
• Small tortillas to make mini burritos
Our family and friends love this layered dip recipe so much, it’s one that we seem to make all the time. You can definitely switch up the cheese here, too.
Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack would be awesome! For the beef filling you can also use ground turkey or ground pork, but we like the flavor of beef better for this hot dip recipe.
One thing is for certain, this Layered Beef Burrito Dip is going to be the center of attention at your next party! Truth: we often make this dip just for a fun family dinner at home with the kids.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
Head to our Appetizer Menu for TONS of ideas! Or here’s a few to get you started…
This layered beef dip is sure to be the center of attention at your next party!
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the beef filling by adding the oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef and brown, breaking up with a spoon. Drain off any grease if necessary.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, garlic powder and salt then stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes to thicken and then remove from the heat to cool.
- Spread out a layer of refried beans in the bottom of an 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ baking dish.
- Next add a layer of the cooked rice, then a layer of the beef mixture, ending with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the dip is warmed through and the cheese is melted..
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Keywords: dip recipe, beef dip, layered dip, appetizers, appetizer recipes, ground beef recipes, beef recipes, burrito recipes