This layered beef dip is sure to be the center of attention at your next party!
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the beef filling by adding the oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the beef and brown, breaking up with a spoon. Drain off any grease if necessary.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, garlic powder and salt then stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes to thicken and then remove from the heat to cool.
- Spread out a layer of refried beans in the bottom of an 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ baking dish.
- Next add a layer of the cooked rice, then a layer of the beef mixture, ending with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the dip is warmed through and the cheese is melted..
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dip recipe, beef dip, layered dip, appetizers, appetizer recipes, ground beef recipes, beef recipes, burrito recipes