Thanksgiving Quesadillas are a tasty way to use up turkey leftovers in a kid-friendly recipe! Your turkey leftovers will be gobbled up in no time.
The Leftover Turkey Recipe Your Kids Will LOVE!
The leftovers. What to do with all the leftovers. Look no further than these Thanksgiving Quesadillas! I don’t know about your house but in my house anything tex-mex night rules. Taco night is a favorite dinner night along with anything else Mexican.
Instead of using olive oil or butter we like to use a thin layer of mayonnaise on the outside of the tortillas. Using mayonnaise makes quesadillas unbelievably crispy, so if you’ve never tried making them that way you totally should.
If you’re one of those people that are opposed to mayo, then by all means use olive oil and or butter instead!
What you need to make this leftover recipe is some turkey, leftover stuffing and whatever kind of cheese you like. Stick to a mild one though like mozzarella or jack or even a white cheddar so those Thanksgiving leftovers shine.
As you know, we make The Best Sausage Stuffing ever, so you know it’s going to be awesome in these turkey quesadillas. You can use any leftover stuffing you have though, these quesadillas are still going to be amazing.
How Do You Make This Quesadilla Recipe?
First of all, get all of your ingredients ready, like an assembly line. Then spread some mayonnaise on one tortilla and lay it down in a dry pan over medium heat. Now comes the fun part, getting on all those delicious leftovers.
Stuff as much as you can on top of the tortilla in a fairly even layer and then cover with another tortilla, pressing down with a dinner plate on top.
After cooking a few minutes and the bottom tortilla is brown, remove the plate and spread the top tortilla with a thin layer of mayo then flip the quesadilla over to the other side.
Give it a few minutes to brown the other side and then slide it out to a cutting board and repeat with your other tortillas.
AND if you have any leftover gravy it makes the perfect dipping sauce for these quesadillas. If you don’t, you can try our 5 minute Brown Gravy Recipe, no need for any drippings!
Looking For More Leftover Turkey Recipes?
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
- Easy Turkey Bolognese
- Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
- Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
Thanksgiving leftovers are transformed when you make these crispy, Thanksgiving Quesadillas!
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 2 cups stuffing, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) bag shredded mozzarella or white cheddar cheese
- leftover gravy
- leftover cranberry sauce
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of a tortilla and place in the hot skillet. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on another tortilla and have it ready on your board.
- Take one cup of the shredded turkey and spread in an even layer on the tortilla.
- Now, take one cup of the chopped up stuffing and spread that evenly over the turkey.
- Add half of the bag of shredded cheese, spread out evenly, then top with the other tortilla, mayonnaise side up.
- Press down with a dinner plate and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Check the bottom with a spatula to see if it’s brown, careful not to let it burn.
- Once the bottom is browned, take the plate off the top and carefully flip the quesadilla over with a large spatula. Or, you can slide the quesadilla out onto a board, then top with a dinner plate and flip over to carefully slide back into the skillet.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the second side, pressing down with the dinner plate on top.
- Remove to a board and repeat with the other 2 tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters and serve with warmed up gravy for dipping and leftover cranberry sauce on the side.
You can make these even if you don’t have leftovers! Use sliced turkey from the deli or buy a rotisserie chicken and a boxed stuffing mix. You can dress it up with mushrooms, sausage or whatever you put in your regular stuffing.
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American