Tequila Shrimp Quesadillas are the most epic party food! Tequila and lime marinated shrimp tucked between two layers of gooey cheese!
For The Shrimp:
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
For The Quesadillas:
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Olive oil
- Whisk the ingredients together for the marinade in a bowl. Add the shrimp, toss in the marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and dry off with paper towels.
- Add a little oil or non-stick cooking spray to a medium skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through. remove the shrimp from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Wipe the skillet out with paper towels and return the pan to the heat.
- Add a little more oil to the skillet and then place a flour tortilla in the center of the pan. Add 1/3 cup of the Monterey jack cheese, spreading to the edges of the tortilla. Place about 10 shrimp on top of the cheese and then add a 1/2 cup of the Mexican blend cheese on top of the shrimp, along with a few leaves of fresh cilantro if desired. Cover with another flour tortilla and press down with a plate.
- Cook the quesadilla for 3-4 minutes until the bottom tortilla is brown and crispy. Flip the quesadilla over, press down with the plate and cook another 3-4 minutes until the other side is brown and crispy. Slide the quesadilla out of the skillet and onto a board. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with desired toppings.
You can keep the cooked quesadillas warm in a 325 degree oven until ready to serve!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: mantitlement, shrimp quesadillas, tex-mex recipes, seafood recipes, easy shrimp recipes, tequila shrimp