These Crispy Chicken Patties are super juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside! So versatile, use on hamburger buns or in salads!
Our boys LOVE these homemade crispy chicken patties! We used to buy them frozen from the store but wanted to make a healthier version that we can feel good about eating. A favorite topping is our 5 minute Yum Yum Sauce or our popular Awesome Sauce. Don’t forget a big helping of Shoestring French Fries on the side!
Crispy Chicken Patties
You know those breaded chicken patties that you buy in the frozen section of your store? Our kids love them, and I have to tell you, over quarantine they are a LOT of them. These Crispy Chicken Patties are our healthier version of those store bought patties, and they taste even better.
These chicken patties are so versatile, too. We use them to make chicken burgers, cut them up to use in salads and even to make and individual chicken parmesan. Melt some mozzarella cheese on a chicken patty, spoon on some sauce and you’ve got crispy chicken parmesan. The possibilities are endless!
How Do You Make These Ground Chicken Patties?
Another bonus is that this chicken patty recipe couldn’t be easier to make. All you need to do is add ground chicken, mayonnaise, seasonings and an egg to a bowl. Mix together and chill for 30 minutes. If you like a little tanginess, sometimes we’ll grate a half an onion right into the bowl, juices and all. We also make our Turkey Burger Recipe that way and it adds a delicious flavor.
Chilling the ground chicken mixture will make it a little easier to form the patties, so at least a half an hour but you can also do this in the morning, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and wait until dinner time.
Pour panko breadcrumbs out onto a plate and then form the chicken mixture into 6 chicken patties. The mixture will be very wet so a good tip is to spray your hands with cooking spray before forming each patty.
Place the chicken patties onto the plate with the breadcrumbs (one at a time) and gently coat in breadcrumbs. Again, these will be very soft so work with them gently when you flip them over to get them breaded.
You can place the breaded chicken patties on a board until they are all breaded or get them right into a skillet with oil. These chicken patties will cook for about 5 minutes on each side, but keep them on a medium-low heat so that the breadcrumb coating doesn’t burn or get too dark.
Can You Freeze Crispy Chicken Patties?
Oh yes. Meal prep like a boss with these chicken patties. Once they cool, place them into a resealable freezer bag or wrap them in plastic and store them in a container. To reheat frozen chicken patties, place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes per side.
What Other Ways Can I Cook These Chicken Patties?
Break out the air fryer! These are also delicious made in an air fryer, I do prefer the skillet method overall but air frying will work great, too. Or you can spray the breaded chicken patties with cooking spray and bake in the oven! If you’re really trying to cut down on calories and don’t want to use oil, either of those methods will work very well.
Looking For More Ground Chicken Recipes?
- Ground Sesame Chicken
- Ground Chicken Parmesan
- Ground Chicken Caprese
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Thai Chicken Chili
These Crispy Chicken Patties are super juicy on the inside with a crispy breadcrumb coating! Use these patties for burgers, cut up in salads or make an individual chicken parmesan with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce!
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat panko breadcrumbs for breading (can also use regular, we like the flavor that whole wheat adds to the chicken patties)
- Add all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs to a large bowl. Mix together to combine the ingredients and chill the chicken mixture for at least 30 minutes. This can also be done the day before or in the morning.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a wide, shallow plate. Spray your hands with cooking spray and then form the chicken mixture into 6 chicken patties. Carefully bread each chicken patty on both sides and place on a plate or a board.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot add the chicken patties (you might have to cook in 2 batches, depending on the size of your pan) and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Check often to make sure the breadcrumbs aren’t burning or getting too dark, if they start to brown too quickly just flip them over for a minute or two and then back again. The total cooking time is about 10 minutes for the chicken to cook through, even if you have to flip them back and forth a little.
- Serve the breaded chicken patties on hamburger buns with lettuce, cheese and pickles or cut up to use in salads.
To Air Fry: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the breaded chicken patties with cooking spray and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
To Oven Bake: Place the breaded chicken patties onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the tops of the chicken patties with cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes on each side.
To Cook From Frozen: Place the frozen chicken patties on a sheet pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, ground chicken recipe, easy chicken recipes, dinner ideas, meal prepping ideas, chicken burgers, crispy chicken patties, breaded chicken patties