This delicious Ground Chicken Caprese is a quick dinner for busy weeknights but also fancy enough to serve at parties! Seasoned ground chicken with roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and tiny pearls of fresh mozzarella cheese!
We love using ground chicken for so many easy dinner recipes like this Ground Sesame Chicken recipe with a sweet and slightly spicy sauce or this Ground Chicken Parmesan for a quicker take on the classic recipe!
Ground Chicken Caprese Recipe
So what is Chicken Caprese? Well, “caprese” usually refers to a salad that has fresh mozzarella cheese, slices of tomato and fresh basil in an olive oil based dressing. A popular take on caprese is Chicken Caprese, which is chicken breasts that are topped with melted mozzarella and roasted tomatoes, sometimes drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
So we’ve taken that a step further and made this Ground Chicken Caprese for yet another recipe idea to make with ground chicken. Not only is ground chicken a healthy ingredient, but it’s super easy to work with and so versatile, we use it in recipes all the time.
How Do You Make This Ground Chicken Recipe?
This dinner recipe is a winner you guys, it’s so pretty to look at and so much fun to eat. And any dinner recipe that only takes 15 minutes from start to finish is a winner in our book.
Start off by cooking the ground chicken with onions and garlic until cooked through. Season the chicken and then add a little tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar, stirring to combine.
Top the ground chicken with halved cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella pearls. If you can’t find these small balls of mozzarella, just use larger ones and cut them in half or you can break up fresh slices of mozzarella and scatter them around the skillet.
Place the skillet in the oven at 500 degrees for about 7 or 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are roasted and blistered.
When the Ground Chicken Caprese comes out of the oven, drizzle the top with a balsamic glaze and add fresh, chopped basil. All that’s left to do is serve and dig in!
What Other Protein Can I Use In This Ground Chicken Recipe?
Ground chicken is our go for this chicken recipe, but you can swap out different proteins if you like! Ground turkey or ground pork will work great, ground beef may be a bit heavy for this Ground Chicken Caprese but you can give it a try if you want to. A meat-free protein crumble would also work well if you don’t eat meat.
How Do You Serve Ground Chicken Caprese?
We like to place a trivet on the table and serve this ground chicken recipe right in the skillet. It’s a beautiful presentation, but also it makes for a family style, easy dinner. Everyone can help themselves right from the skillet and either eat as is or spoon over pasta.
Is Balsamic Glaze Different Than Balsamic Vinegar?
Yes. Balsamic glaze is much thicker and sweeter than regular balsamic vinegar. If you don’t have balsamic glaze you can reduce balsamic vinegar on the stove top until it becomes thick and syrupy like a balsamic glaze. Also, balsamic glaze is easily found in most grocery stores so grab some if you can!
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Hibachi Chicken
- Chicken Teriyaki Noodles
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Ground Chicken Caprese is our take on Caprese Chicken, but with ground chicken instead of chicken breasts. Easy enough for everyday dinners but also fancy enough to serve on date night or at parties!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh chopped basil, balsamic glaze and grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Start by adding the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, stir and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet, breaking up as it cooks until completely cooked through. Drain any drippings from the pan if needed.
- Season the chicken with salt, oregano, basil and dried parsley. Pour in the tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add the mozzarella balls and the cherry tomatoes to the skillet, scattered around the pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are slightly blistered.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil, grated parmesan cheese and drizzled balsamic glaze.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, ground chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe, recipe with ground chicken, chicken caprese, easy dinner recipes