Chicken Teriyaki Noodles are a healthy way to start off the week! This healthy, veggie packed dinner is sure to be a family favorite!
We love making take out recipes like these teriyaki noodles at home! Also check out these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps for a low carb dinner idea, and this Baked Asian BBQ Salmon that only takes 15 minutes to make!
Chicken Teriyaki Noodles
One of our kids most favorite take out orders is chicken lo mein. They love it so much that we have to get them their own large serving, just so they can have left overs the next day. BUT it’s not the most healthy dinner option so we don’t order it all that often.
Instead of dialing up for take out, we make these Chicken Teriyaki Noodles at home and let me tell you, our boys LOVE them. A super healthy, veggie packed dinner recipe that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. What’s not to love?
How To Make Chicken Teriyaki Noodles
This teriyaki noodle recipe is really so easy to make, and you can customize it to your liking. Add in more vegetables if you like, clean out the fridge, it’s really a very versatile dinner recipe!
- Start by cooking whole wheat spaghetti 2 minutes shy of the cooking time. Drain and rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet with avocado or canola oil and cook the cabbage and carrots, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Once the cabbage has wilted, add the cooked pasta to the skillet along with shredded chicken, scallions and the sauce ingredients. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes to let the flavors combine, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
That’s all there is to it! Really, this can be more like a 15 minute recipe if you get the vegetables going in the skillet while the pasta is cooking. Whole wheat spaghetti adds a delicious, nutty flavor to these teriyaki noodles, but you can substitute regular spaghetti if you like.
There’s also a lot more fiber in whole wheat pasta so if you’re looking for more of a healthy bang for your buck, stick with whole wheat pasta. Or if you’re looking to cut down on carbs you can use zucchini noodles, too!
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To These Teriyaki Noodles?
Just about anything, to be honest. These teriyaki noodles are definitely a clean out the refrigerator recipe. We always seem to have bags of cabbage and coleslaw mix in our refrigerator to add to soups and salads, but you can add so much more!
- Chopped Broccoli
- Fresh Spinach
- Any type of canned beans
- Steamed Asparagus
- Brussels Sprouts
- Tofu instead of chicken
- Ground pork or beef instead of chicken
- Peanut sauce, sriracha or a spoonful of red curry paste
These Chicken Teriyaki Noodles are perfect for leftovers the next day for lunch or dinner! If you’re at our house, you’ll be putting your name on the leftover container to claim it for yourself. Leftovers are a big thing at our house so they do go fast!
Looking For More Healthy Dinner Ideas?
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Black Bean and Corn Soup
- Hamburger Lettuce Wraps
- BBQ Meatloaf Muffins
- Asian Baked Chicken Legs
Chicken Teriyaki Noodles are a healthy dinner recipe that can be on the table in less than 30! Swap out ground beef, pork or tofu for the chicken and make it your own!
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon avocado or canola oil
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 heaping cups cooked, shredded chicken (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 –2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes shy of the package directions, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Pour the oil into a large skillet (at least 13 inches) over medium high heat. Add the cabbage, carrots, salt and pepper and cook while stirring for 7-8 minutes until the vegetables have wilted.
- Add the chopped garlic to the skillet, stir and cook for 1 minute. Next add the cooked spaghetti back to the skillet along with the shredded chicken.
- Add the teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, ginger paste, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and scallions. Toss together, taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stir fry noodles, teriyaki noodles, easy chicken recipes, healthy recipes, pasta recipes, low fat recipes, easy dinner ideas