This Sesame Ground Chicken recipe is so easy to make and can be on the table in just 15 minutes! Our kids absolutely love this dinner recipe!
I mean who doesn’t love an easy, chicken recipe for dinner? For more ground chicken recipe ideas, try these Baked Chicken Meatballs that can be used for so many meal ideas. We also love making these healthy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps – and our kids love them too!
Sesame Ground Chicken Recipe
Easy chicken recipes that the whole family loves are the best! Not only is this Ground Sesame Chicken easy to make, but it’s a pretty healthy recipe, too. There is some brown sugar in this chicken recipe to get that sweet and spicy flavor combo that we all love, but other than that it’s pure protein.
You can definitely cut back on the brown sugar, too if you’re looking to save some carbs and calories, but our kids love this sesame chicken just the way it is, so that’s how we tend to make it. A little bit of sugar never hurt anyone.
How Do You Make This Ground Chicken Recipe?
All you need to do is brown the ground chicken along with onions and garlic to add flavor to the chicken, and then make a sauce with brown sugar, soy sauce and chicken broth.
Thicken the sauce with a mixture of cornstarch and water, let it simmer for five minutes and you’re ready to serve. We like to garnish this ground chicken with chopped scallions and sesame seeds and serve it with rice or cauliflower rice.
How Long Will This Chicken Recipe Last In The Refrigerator?
This is a great recipe to meal prep with for the week, so we often make it in large quantities! Keep this Sesame Ground Chicken covered in your refrigerator, or in a container for up to 4 days. Reheating is as easy as popping a bowl in the microwave.
And yes, you can also freeze this ground chicken too! If you’re really looking to plan a few meals ahead of time, make this chicken and let it cool completely before freezing. A good meal prepping tip is to freeze the chicken in individual portions for an easy lunch or dinner, or something the kids can grab on their own!
Can I Make This Ground Chicken With Turkey Or Pork?
Absolutely. You can even make it with ground beef if that’s what you have on hand. We’ve done it before, it’s delicious. This is a very adaptable recipe so use the protein that you like or have in your refrigerator.
Honestly, I’ve never made this recipe (or any recipe) with those Beyond Meat crumbles, but I’m also sure that with this crazy tasty sauce even that would be good.
Looking For More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken Francese
- Hawaiian Pulled Chicken
- Chipotle Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
This easy Sesame Ground Chicken is one of our kids favorite dinners! Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and steamed broccoli for an easy, healthy meal!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- Chopped scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook a minute longer.
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet and cook while breaking up into small pieces until the chicken is cooked through. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and chicken broth together in a bowl. Pour over the ground chicken and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and then add the cornstarch mixture while stirring. Simmer the chicken until the sauce is thickened, taste for seasonings and serve with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, ground chicken recipes, recipes with ground chicken, easy dinner ideas