Ground Chicken Caprese is our take on Caprese Chicken, but with ground chicken instead of chicken breasts. Easy enough for everyday dinners but also fancy enough to serve on date night or at parties!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 dried basil
- 1/2 dried dried parsley
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh chopped basil, balsamic glaze and grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Start by adding the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, stir and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet, breaking up as it cooks until completely cooked through. Drain any drippings from the pan if needed.
- Season the chicken with salt, oregano, basil and dried parsley. Pour in the tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add the mozzarella balls and the cherry tomatoes to the skillet, scattered around the pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are slightly blistered.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil, grated parmesan cheese and drizzled balsamic glaze.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, ground chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe, recipe with ground chicken, chicken caprese, easy dinner recipes