Have a hibachi night at home with this Hibachi Chicken recipe! An easy chicken recipe for everyday meals and a fun dinner idea for parties!
You can make steak and shrimp using this same method, too, so don’t stop at just the chicken! Whip up our 5 minute Yum Yum Sauce to use for dipping and a helping of homemade Fried Rice on the side!
Hibachi Chicken Recipe
We love going out for hibachi, it’s such a delicious meal and also a super fun dinner experience! But it can be pricey, so we’ve found a way to make Hibachi Chicken right at home.
This chicken recipe couldn’t be easier to make, and only has a few ingredients, so we do end up making it quite a lot. Our boys love this chicken over rice or ramen noodles, add a side of steamed broccoli and dinner is done!
How Do You Make Hibachi Chicken At Home?
There are a few tips to making this Hibachi Chicken taste like it came from a restaurant. Lots of garlic and lots of butter, for one. You’re going to think it’s too much butter when you’re starting off this chicken recipe – it’s not.
Just make it as is, please. You’re going to love the flavor you get!
Another tip is to make sure you use a really, really hot skillet. A wok would work great too if you have one, but a nice large skillet that won’t overcrowd the chicken pieces will work just fine, too.
If you don’t have a large enough skillet, cook the chicken in batches so that it gets a nice dark brown sear on the outside. Overcrowding the pan won’t result in a good sear, so make sure you’re chicken pieces have plenty of room around them!
The last tip to making authentic tasting Hibachi Chicken at home is to make our Yum Yum Sauce to go along with it! Drizzle it right on top or use it as a dipping sauce on the side.
We love Yum Yum Sauce so much we keep it in our refrigerator at all times. Not only is it delicious on this chicken, but it’s equally as good on steak and shrimp too! Slather it on your favorite sandwich or use it as a topping for hamburgers. We use it on pretty much everything.
Can You Make This Recipe With Steak Too?
Yes you can! Just follow the directions in this recipe and swap out steak or even shrimp too! Shrimp will take just a couple of minutes on each side so make sure you don’t overcook them. If we’re making chicken, steak and shrimp we do make them separately so they all cook to the right temperature.
Looking For More Easy Chicken Dinners?
- Chicken Francese
- Asian Baked Chicken Legs
- Chicken Parmesan Tenderloins
- Simple Roast Chicken
- Sesame Ground Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
This authentic tasting Hibachi Chicken Recipe is so easy to make! Just about 15 minutes is all you need and a side of out Yum Yum Sauce to make a fun dinner night at home!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper for seasoning the chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce for dipping
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper on all sides. Melt the butter and oil in a large skillet. Stir in the garlic and then add the chicken pieces in a single layer, leaving room around each piece to get a good sear. You might have to cook the chicken in a couple of batches if your skillet isn’t large enough.
- Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side, making sure you sear the chicken on all sides. Add the sesame oil and soy sauce, toss to combine and remove from the skillet.
- Serve the chicken with rice, ramen noodles and Yum Yum Sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes hibachi chicken, low carb recipes, low carb dinner, chicken breast recipes, chicken thigh recipes, take out at home