Chocolate Stout Pudding Shots are perfect for parties, holidays and special occasions! An easy, make ahead dessert that’s sure to impress!
Chocolate Stout Pudding Shots
Need a Valentine’s Day dessert? These Chocolate Stout Pudding Shots are the best idea! Make ahead of time and serve to your Valentine after that delicious dinner you’re making…need some easy but impressive recipes ideas? Oh we’ve got those too…
Easy Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas:
- Crab Salad Sliders
- Marsala Beef Stew
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Easy Penne Vodka Recipe
- Gemelli with Sausage & Asparagus
- Creamy Potato Soup with Italian Sausage
Easy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
We’re using a very basic homemade pudding recipe here, and it’s so easy even your kids can make it! On that note: if you want to make this chocolate pudding sans alcohol, just replace the beer with milk and you’re good to go!
All that there is to do is warm the milk, add sugar, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, the chocolate stout and cornstarch for thickening the pudding. Let the pudding cook until it thickens and then remove from the heat to cool.
Can You Make Chocolate Pudding Shots Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! If you’re using a topping like Cool Whip, you can even do that topping ahead of time too because that stuff stays for hours. If you’re using a homemade whipped cream topping them you’ll add that right before serving.
You can also serve this chocolate pudding in dessert cups, too. It don’t have to be served in shot glasses, really any kind of bowl will work. Or make it family style and use one big serving dish!
What Is The Film That Forms On Top Of Homemade Pudding?
It’s just pudding that cools and hardens on top of your pudding. But you do want to remove it from the pudding because if you stir it in you’ll get chewy bits of the film in your chocolate pudding.
Of course, totally fine to eat but it does take away from the smooth texture in my opinion. All you need to do is take a spoon and skim the top layer off before I cover it with plastic wrap.
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?
- Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Rum Balls
- Bourbon Iced Molasses Cookies
- Homemade Fortune Cookies
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Jello
This rich and delicious Chocolate Stout Pudding is perfect for a Valentine’s Day dessert! Homemade pudding flavored with chocolate stout topped off with whipped cream!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate stout
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounce bag semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip for topping
- Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the milk is warm, add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in the stout, vanilla extract and the chocolate chips, stirring until the chocolate chips are incorporated with the milk.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Pour the pudding into a glass bowl or container to cool. The pudding will thicken more as it chills.
- Once the pudding has cooled, skim off the top layer of film and then place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve the pudding in large shot glasses topped with Cool Whip topping or homemade whipped cream.
These are large 3 1/2 ounce shot glasses. This recipe will make about 5 cups of pudding, so you can fill the shot glasses as you need them. This recipe will make about 12 large shots of pudding, figuring 2 shots per person. Or serve the pudding in a glass dish or bowl for a family style treat!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate pudding, pudding recipe, homemade pudding, cooking with beer, valentines day dessert, holiday dessert, easy recipe, easy dessert recipe