This rich and delicious Chocolate Stout Pudding is perfect for a Valentine’s Day dessert! Homemade pudding flavored with chocolate stout topped off with whipped cream!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate stout
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounce bag semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip for topping
- Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the milk is warm, add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour in the stout, vanilla extract and the chocolate chips, stirring until the chocolate chips are incorporated with the milk.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Pour the pudding into a glass bowl or container to cool. The pudding will thicken more as it chills.
- Once the pudding has cooled, skim off the top layer of film and then place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve the pudding in large shot glasses topped with Cool Whip topping or homemade whipped cream.
These are large 3 1/2 ounce shot glasses. This recipe will make about 5 cups of pudding, so you can fill the shot glasses as you need them. This recipe will make about 12 large shots of pudding, figuring 2 shots per person. Or serve the pudding in a glass dish or bowl for a family style treat!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate pudding, pudding recipe, homemade pudding, cooking with beer, valentines day dessert, holiday dessert, easy recipe, easy dessert recipe