These Fried Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli are crispy and delicious, you won’t be able to stop at just one! Make a whole bunch so you don’t run out!
I personally think it’s all about the dipping sauce. The garlic aioli used for these Fried Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli is so good – and it only takes 30 seconds to make. An Aioli (I learned) is just like a homemade mayonnaise – but this one is loaded with garlic and cheese which makes it even better!
These fried artichokes couldn’t be easier to make either. You start with jarred artichoke hearts, drained and dried off…all the work is already done for you.
Set out three shallow dishes with flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
Dip the artichoke hearts into the flour, then the egg and last the bread crumbs.
If you want you can even make these Fried Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli ahead of time, freeze them and then bake right before you need them.
When you’re artichokes are all battered up, drop them into your hot oil in small batches so the oil doesn’t cool down too much.
Fry the artichokes for about 3-4 minutes until they’re golden brown, then drain on a paper towel lined plate.
As soon as they come out of the oil, season them with salt and get ready to make the garlic aioli.
Make up the quick garlic aioli sauce by whisking together a few simple ingredients in a small bowl then get ready to start eating…
All that’s left to do is grab one and take a dip!
- 1 jar (34 oz) baby artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Canola or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Fill a deep sided pot about half way up with he oil. Heat on medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Season the artichokes with salt and pepper.
- Dip the artichokes in the flour first, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the artichokes and set aside until the oil is ready.
- Frying the artichokes in small batches for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until the artichokes are all fried.
- Add the the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine