Crispy fried artichoke hearts are always a hit at parties! Make this 30 second garlic aioli for dipping!
- 1 jar (34 oz) baby artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Canola or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
For the Garlic Aioli
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Fill a deep sided pot about half way up with he oil. Heat on medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Season the artichokes with salt and pepper.
- Dip the artichokes in the flour first, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the artichokes and set aside until the oil is ready.
- Frying the artichokes in small batches for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until the artichokes are all fried.
For the Garlic Aioli:
- Add the the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. The aioli is best when made ahead of time and chilled for the flavors to combine.
These freeze really well if you want to make them ahead of time, cool completely then freeze. Heat in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes before serving.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: artichoke recipes, fried artichoke hearts, appetizer recipes, fried food, vegetarian recipes