Fried Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli are one of our favorite appetizer recipes! Crispy, fried artichokes with an easy aioli dipping sauce!
Addicting, Fried Artichoke Hearts
I personally think it’s all about the dipping sauce. The garlic aioli used for these Fried Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli is so good – and it only takes 30 seconds to make. An Aioli (I learned) is just like a homemade mayonnaise – but this one is loaded with garlic and cheese which makes it even better!
These fried artichokes couldn’t be easier to make either. You start with jarred artichoke hearts, drained and dried well…all the work is already done for you.
These fried artichoke hearts are always the first appetizer to go at parties. Everyone loves these little bites of fried goodness, especially when they’re dipped in the most delicious, creamy garlic aioli.
How Do You Make Fried Artichoke Hearts?
Set out three shallow dishes with flour, eggs, and bread crumbs, this is a standard breading station used for many things like fritters, crispy mashed potato cakes and everyone’s favorite chicken nuggets.
Dip the artichoke hearts into the flour, then the egg and then lastly, the bread crumbs.
If you want you can even make these Fried Artichoke Hearts with Garlic Aioli ahead of time, freeze them and then bake right before you need them.
When you’re artichokes are all breaded up, drop them into your hot oil in small batches so the oil doesn’t cool down too much.
Fry the artichokes for about 3-4 minutes until they’re golden brown, then drain on a paper towel lined plate.
As soon as they come out of the oil, season them with salt and make the garlic aioli. An Aioli is basically a flavored mayonnaise, in this case a garlic ailoi so we’re using a lot of fresh garlic.
The creamy, garlic flavored sauce is a perfect combination with these crispy fried artichoke hearts. Other dipping options could be a simple marinara sauce and even our famous Awesome Sauce!
Looking For More Artichoke Recipes?
- Roasted Brown Butter Artichokes
- Grandma’s Stuffed Artichokes
- Cheese Stuffed Artichokes
- Sausage Stuffed Artichoke Hearts
Crispy fried artichoke hearts are always a hit at parties! Make this 30 second garlic aioli for dipping!
- 1 jar (34 oz) baby artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Canola or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
For the Garlic Aioli
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Fill a deep sided pot about half way up with he oil. Heat on medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Season the artichokes with salt and pepper.
- Dip the artichokes in the flour first, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the artichokes and set aside until the oil is ready.
- Frying the artichokes in small batches for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a plate lined with paper towels and season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Repeat until the artichokes are all fried.
For the Garlic Aioli:
- Add the the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. The aioli is best when made ahead of time and chilled for the flavors to combine.
These freeze really well if you want to make them ahead of time, cool completely then freeze. Heat in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes before serving.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: artichoke recipes, fried artichoke hearts, appetizer recipes, fried food, vegetarian recipes