Teriyaki Chicken Burritos are one of our favorite, easy dinner recipes! These chicken burritos are super easy to make with a few short cuts!
Tex-Mex recipes are some of our favorite dinners! They can be on the table quickly and everyone loves them. These chicken burritos can be customized with all your favorite toppings! Be sure to check out our Homemade Taco Meat for making fast, delicious tacos or taco bowls. For burrito flavor in dip form, this Loaded Beef Burrito Dip is a must make!
Teriyaki Chicken Burritos
There’s a few things that make these chicken burritos a family favorite dinner. One is that they taste amazing, and they are way better for you than something from your local take out place.
We’re using lean, boneless skinless chicken breast for these burritos that we marinate in teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, honey and sriracha. The sriracha adds a very mild background heat, nothing super spicy, just tons of flavor.
Our boys love to customize these chicken burritos with their favorite toppings like cheese, salsa, sour cream or fresh pico de gallo. Another bonus to these Teriyaki Chicken Burritos is that minus the time for marinating, they can be on the table in just about 15 minutes.
How Do You Make Chicken Burritos?
Start by marinating chicken breasts (or you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs) in a simple marinade of soy sauce, teriyaki glaze or baste, sriracha, honey and salt and pepper.
After the chicken has marinated, preferably overnight or at least 8 hours, bake the chicken in the marinade and then slice and toss back into the sauce that it cooked in.
Make the rice for these burritos by adding cooked white or brown rice to a bowl along with chopped, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt. This is a great use for those frozen bags of rice you can grab right at the grocery store!
Now layer the inside of a tortilla with the rice, sliced chicken, black beans and a big smear of guacamole. Fold the tortilla burrito style, folding up the bottom to cover the ingredients, then fold in both sides and continue to roll, ending with the seam side down.
What Ingredients Can I Add Or Swap Out To Make This Burrito Recipe?
Ok, so while we use this basic recipe to make these chicken burritos, there are SO many different flavor combinations that you can try using different proteins and/or different toppings.
- Turkey or pork tenderloin instead of chicken
- Use the same marinade to pour over salmon, bake and add to burritos instead of chicken
- Brown rice instead of white rice
- Whole wheat tortillas or low carb tortillas
- Add diced tomatoes, cheese, fresh avocados, salsa, corn, sour cream or hot sauce/sriracha
- Shredded lettuce
You can also bake this chicken and shred it instead of cutting it into strips. Then toss the shredded chicken back into the sauce for a more saucy chicken burrito.
This chicken burrito with rice can be customized to how you and your family likes to eat. Spicy or mild, saucy or not, or loaded up with everything you got. We’re somewhere in between, ranging from loaded to super plain. But these burritos will please everyone.
The craziest thing we put on these burritos? Our oldest likes adding a runny, fried egg. That being said, he’s add a fried egg to just about anything he eats, but if you’re a fried egg lover too, pile it on.
Looking For More Easy Dinner Recipes?
- Chicken Teriyaki Noodles
- Baked Asian BBQ Salmon
- BBQ Meatloaf Muffins
- Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- French Dip Sandwich Hack
These easy to make chicken burritos can be on the table in just 15 minutes! Minus the time for marinating the chicken, all you need to do is bake and assemble!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup homemade guacamole (can also use a good store bought brand)
- 4 large burrito size tortillas
For The Rice:
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (a bag of frozen microwaveable rice works great for this!)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Place the chicken in a glass dish or resealable bag. Add the teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the chicken, toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight. (Overnight or 8 hours of marinating time will give you the best flavor.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the chicken along with the marinade for 15-18 minutes, turning over once in between. Remove the chicken to a board, slice into strips and then return to the baking dish with the sauce. Cover with foil to keep the chicken warm.
- While the chicken is baking, add the rice, lime juice, cilantro and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Stir together to combine the ingredients.
- Place a tortilla on a board and add about 1/3 of a cup of the rice to the center making a line across the tortilla as shown in the photos. Add chicken slices, beans and guacamole and roll into a burrito by bringing up the bottom of the wrap over the ingredients and then folding in the sides and rolling to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 tortillas, slice and serve with additional sauce from the chicken drizzled on top of the burritos or on the side.
- Additional toppings or fillings could include salsa, fresh avocado, cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes or corn.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken burritos, easy chicken recipes, teriyaki chicken, easy dinner recipes, dinner ideas, chicken recipes, tex-mex recipes, kid approved recipes