These easy to make chicken burritos can be on the table in just 15 minutes! Minus the time for marinating the chicken, all you need to do is bake and assemble!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki glaze
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup homemade guacamole (can also use a good store bought brand)
- 4 large burrito size tortillas
For The Rice:
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (a bag of frozen microwaveable rice works great for this!)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Place the chicken in a glass dish or resealable bag. Add the teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the chicken, toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight. (Overnight or 8 hours of marinating time will give you the best flavor.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the chicken along with the marinade for 15-18 minutes, turning over once in between. Remove the chicken to a board, slice into strips and then return to the baking dish with the sauce. Cover with foil to keep the chicken warm.
- While the chicken is baking, add the rice, lime juice, cilantro and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Stir together to combine the ingredients.
- Place a tortilla on a board and add about 1/3 of a cup of the rice to the center making a line across the tortilla as shown in the photos. Add chicken slices, beans and guacamole and roll into a burrito by bringing up the bottom of the wrap over the ingredients and then folding in the sides and rolling to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 tortillas, slice and serve with additional sauce from the chicken drizzled on top of the burritos or on the side.
- Additional toppings or fillings could include salsa, fresh avocado, cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes or corn.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken burritos, easy chicken recipes, teriyaki chicken, easy dinner recipes, dinner ideas, chicken recipes, tex-mex recipes, kid approved recipes