This One Pot Spaghetti is perfect for busy nights! A one pot, comfort food pasta dinner that the whole family will love! Because who doesn’t love a homemade, spaghetti dinner?
A Beefy, Comforting One Pot Spaghetti Recipe
One look at this spaghetti recipe and it’s really all you need to know that you’re going to love it. Tons of ground beef and spaghetti cooked in one pot so the pasta soaks up all the delicious flavors.
And since everything is cooked in one pot, there’s minimal clean up involved! That makes everyone happy, especially the ones on clean up duty.
So now that we already know that this pasta recipe is going to be a hit with everyone, let’s get into how to make it!
How To Make One Pot Spaghetti
The best thing about this one pot pasta recipe is not only that you don’t have to boil the spaghetti in a large pot that also has to be washed, but it’s really about how it tastes.
Since the spaghetti cooks in the same pot with the ground beef, onions, garlic and sauce, it gives the pasta a delicious flavor. WAY better than boiling the pasta in plain water.
Start by browning ground beef in the pot with a little olive oil. Once the beef is browned, push it to the side and add in one cup of diced onions. Onions give this pasta dish so much flavor, so make sure you don’t skimp on them!
Once the onions cook down, push them together with the ground beef and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
The next step is an important one! When adding the tomato paste, make sure you combine it with the ground beef and onions and let it cook for about 30 seconds before adding the sauce.
Cooking down the tomato paste, in my Italian grandmother’s opinion, gives another depth of flavor to the sauce when it’s finished. She said so, so that’s what we’ve always done.
Now add in a jar of your favorite marinara sauce, beef broth and some water. Of course, you can use homemade sauce, too if you like! Stir together to combine with the ground beef and onions and now we’re getting into the home stretch!
Now it’s time to add the spaghetti. Get it in the pot and give it a stir, as best as you can, and then cover the pot. Bring it to a simmer for 5 minutes. This should get the pasta softened up so that you can stir it into the sauce a bit more.
Now cover the pot again and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir the spaghetti again to make sure it’s not sticking to the bottom of the pot and then cover for the last time and let cook for 5 more minutes.
If you’re finding that the spaghetti is sticking too much or that there isn’t enough sauce, add 1/4 cup of water at a time to the pot. Doing this will loosen up anything sticking to the bottom of the pot.
What Else Can I Use Instead Of Ground Beef In This Pasta Recipe?
Try using ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef if you’re looking to lighten up this One Pot Spaghetti a little. Ground pork or Italian sausage would also be delicious! Just remove the casings from the sausage before adding it to the pot to brown.
What Sides Can I Serve With This Spaghetti Recipe?
Definitely our homemade garlic bread and a Caesar salad like we mentioned above, but there are a lot more options for you, too!
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Escarole Bistro Salad
- Steamed Artichokes with Garlic Aioli
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
What To Do With Leftover Spaghetti
If you do have any of this spaghetti left over, just store it in a covered container and keep it in the refrigerator. This spaghetti will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator, and it reheats perfectly right in the microwave.
Looking For More Pasta Recipes?Print
This One Pot Spaghetti recipe is a comfort food dinner that’s on the table in 30! No need to boil the pasta separately, making for an easy clean up!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Add the olive oil to a large 12″ – 13″ covered skillet that’s approximately 2″ – 3″ deep. Brown the ground beef, breaking up into crumbles and then drain any drippings from the pan. Push the beef to one side of the skillet and then add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Now add the garlic, cook one minute longer and then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and the Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the tomato paste and let cook for 30 seconds. Carefully pour in the marinara sauce, beef broth and water and stir into the ground beef and onions.
- Add the uncooked spaghetti into the pot and stir to submerge the pasta into the liquid. Cover and bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir again, then cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pot again, stir and add 1/4 cup of water if the pasta and sauce is sticking to the bottom of the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes, covered, and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley, test for seasonings and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, spaghetti recipe, one pot meal, one pot dinner, one pot pasta, easy recipes, comfort food