One Pot Beef Goulash is one of our favorite dinners! No need to boil the pasta, everything cooks together in one pot making clean up a breeze!
An Easy Dinner Recipe The Whole Family Will Love!
There’s nothing like an easy dinner recipe that everyone loves. This One Pot Beef Goulash is going to be on your permanent dinner rotation!
First of all, it’s super easy to make. Second of all, it’s super easy to clean up. Just one skillet is all you need, you don’t even have to boil the pasta separately, it all cooks together. Because the pasta cooks in the skillet with the goulash it adds to the creaminess of this recipe, making it a comforting and nourishing dinner for the whole family.
Ground beef recipes like this goulash are a staple, we always seem to have ground beef in the refrigerator or freezer and boxes of pasta and jars of marinara sauce too. So all you need to grab if you don’t have it is a red pepper and either heavy cream or sour cream, whichever flavor you prefer.
What Is Beef Goulash?
Typically, beef goulash is some form of beef, cubes of steak or in this case ground beef, pasta and tomatoes and or tomato sauce. Hungarian beef goulash will use smoked paprika and lean more towards the addition of sour cream. You can definitely add both of those ingredients to this goulash recipe, our boys don’t love sour cream so we used regular cream.
There’s just something about the creamy pasta mixed together with ground beef and peppers that make this dinner so comforting, add a salad and some bread on the side to make this meal complete! And the fact that it all cooks in one skillet makes life so much easier!
Once you get to this step here, pour in water, a jar of marinara sauce and your pasta shape of choice. Any short tube or elbow pasta will work here. We love using pipette, like we used in our Beefy Tomato Soup Recipe. Other pasta options could include, rotini, mini penne, elbows or bow ties.
Cover the skillet and cook for about 20 minutes. You can stir the goulash after about 10 minutes and then put the lid back on to prevent anything from sticking. And then…
Here you have it. One Pot Beef Goulash ready for diving into.
Can I Use Ground Turkey To Make Goulash?
Yes! You can swap out the beef in this recipe and use ground turkey, ground chicken or even ground pork. We are big fans of using what we have on hand, so if one of those is all you have definitely feel free to use it.
Of course ground beef is our preference for making beef goulash…but we get it. Ground chicken or turkey will lighten up this dish a little so no judgement here. But if you buy lean beef, like a 93% ground beef there’s really not that much difference.
Add some grated parmesan cheese on top and chopped parsley and dinner is served! You can serve this goulash with a salad on the side, but really it is a true one pot meal! You have your protein, carbs and vegetables all in one dinner!
Looking For More Ground Beef Recipes?
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas
- Beefy Taco Zucchini Boats
- Hot Dog Chili or our Everyday Chili recipe
- Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Beef Stuffed Shells
- Homemade Beef Tacos
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
This easy dinner idea is going to become a family favorite! Beefy, creamy pasta shells and red peppers make the ultimate comfort food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 cups pipette (or other sort tube pasta)
- 2 cups water
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Add the oil to 12-13 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and red peppers and cook for 7-8 minutes until softened. Add the beef to the skillet and break up while browning. Drain any grease from the pan.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute, then add the salt, pepper stirring to combine.
- Pour in the water and marinara sauce, stir then add the pasta. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once in between cooking.
- Remove the lid, stir, then remove the skillet from the heat. Pour in cream (or add sour cream) and parmesan cheese and stir.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed, then garnish with chopped parsley.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ground beef recipes, beef recipes, pasta recipes, one pot meal, dinner ideas, beef goulash recipe, dinner recipes