This easy dinner idea is going to become a family favorite! Beefy, creamy pasta shells and red peppers make the ultimate comfort food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 cups pipette (or other sort tube pasta)
- 2 cups water
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Add the oil to 12-13 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and red peppers and cook for 7-8 minutes until softened. Add the beef to the skillet and break up while browning. Drain any grease from the pan.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute, then add the salt, pepper stirring to combine.
- Pour in the water and marinara sauce, stir then add the pasta. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once in between cooking.
- Remove the lid, stir, then remove the skillet from the heat. Pour in cream (or add sour cream) and parmesan cheese and stir.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed, then garnish with chopped parsley.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ground beef recipes, beef recipes, pasta recipes, one pot meal, dinner ideas, beef goulash recipe, dinner recipes