Mushrooms with Oyster Sauce are so easy to make and the perfect side dish or topping for steak or chicken! Just a few ingredients is all you need!
An Easy Mushroom Side Dish
You can serve these Mushrooms with Oyster Sauce as a side dish to steak, chicken, burgers or pasta, but you can also use these mushrooms as a topping for all of the before mentioned as well.
Imagine spooning these mushrooms over a perfectly cooked, sliced steak or a grilled chicken breast. Even if you have a pasta dish like penne vodka, these mushrooms are going to add a whole new level of flavor!
How To Make Mushrooms With Oyster Sauce
This is really the easiest mushroom recipe! All you need to start is sliced mushrooms, oyster sauce, garlic and white wine. If you don’t have wine you can substitute chicken broth as well but the wine gives these mushrooms an amazing flavor.
Add the mushrooms to a large skillet with 4 tablespoons of butter.
Once they’re browned, add white wine and let it reduce while scraping up the bottom of the skillet.
Next add chopped garlic, we use a lot of garlic in this recipe because it’s one of the main flavors but you can add as much or as little as you like!
Now comes the oyster sauce. Pour about 1/3 cup of oyster sauce over the mushrooms and stir together. Cook for about 5 minutes more and serve.
If you’ve got steaks, break them out. If you’ve got burgers, get them out too. Grilled or oven baked chicken – that’ll work too. I’m telling you these Mushrooms with Oyster Sauce are awesome on pretty much anything.
Even if you want to keep dinner vegetarian you could add these mushrooms to pasta with some cream, parsley and parmesan cheese.
Looking For More Vegetable Sides?
- Bacon Wrapped Maple Glazed Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Grandma’s Stuffed Artichokes
- Roasted Beets & Sweet Potatoes
A super simple mushroom recipe that is perfect as a side to dinner or a topping for steak, burgers or chicken!
- 20 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter until it foams. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir to coat them all in the butter.
- Cook the mushrooms for 1o minutes until the water cooks out and the mushrooms brown.
- Add in the chopped garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Pour the wine into the pan and stir. Let the wine cook down until it’s almost cooked out completely then add the oyster sauce and stir to combine.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and serve.
Add the salt at the end because the oyster sauce is a salty ingredient!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mushroom recipe, side dish recipe, steak topping, hamburger topping, vegetarian recipe