A super simple mushroom recipe that is perfect as a side to dinner or a topping for steak, burgers or chicken!
- 20 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter until it foams. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir to coat them all in the butter.
- Cook the mushrooms for 1o minutes until the water cooks out and the mushrooms brown.
- Add in the chopped garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Pour the wine into the pan and stir. Let the wine cook down until it’s almost cooked out completely then add the oyster sauce and stir to combine.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and serve.
Add the salt at the end because the oyster sauce is a salty ingredient!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mushroom recipe, side dish recipe, steak topping, hamburger topping, vegetarian recipe