Everything Pigs In A Blanket are perfect for appetizers or a fun meal! Everything bagel seasoning makes these classic hot dogs even better!
I mean who doesn’t love pigs in a blanket??? This appetizer staple is made even better with the bold flavors of everything bagel seasoning and they couldn’t be easier to make! For more easy appetizers, check out our Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and another classic recipe, Bacon Wrapped Scallops!
An Easy Appetizer Or Fun Dinner Recipe!
Pigs in a blanket have stood the test of time for good reason. They are easy to make and everyone loves them, I mean, unless you don’t like hot dogs, then I can’t help you. But usually you put a plate of these hot dogs down and they’re gone in seconds.
So we’ve kicked up those awesome appetizers with everything bagels seasoning, just because we’re obsessed. I guess you could call these bagel dogs? But we’re just sticking with Everything Pigs In A Blanket to keep the idea the same.
Of course these cocktail franks makes the most amazing appetizers but we also make them for an easy lunch or dinner! Our boys love them and to be honest, so do we so it’s an easy meal that everyone looks forward to eating.
How Do You Make Everything Pigs In A Blanket?
Again, this recipe is so easy, you almost don’t need the recipe. But we still like to show you a few tips and tricks!
First of all, when you open your crescent rolls just know that you’ll be cutting each triangle into three triangles. Same shape, just making one triangle shape into three. You’ll end up with 24 small triangles that will make 24 hot dog appetizers.
Roll up each cocktail frank into the dough, and then place onto a baking sheet. Now it’s time for that everything bagel seasoning! Brush egg wash onto the tops of the dough and then sprinkle on the seasoning.
Bake for about 12 minutes until they are golden brown and oh so delicious.
How To Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
We buy our seasoning from Trader Joe’s but most grocery stores sell everything bagel seasoning if you look in the spice aisle. But in a pinch, you can make your own, too!
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
What Can I Serve With Pigs In A Blanket?
Our go to dip is honey mustard but you can also use regular mustard, spicy mustard and even ketchup! Our little guy likes ketchup best on his hot dogs and these Everything Bagel Pigs In A Blanket are no different.
Looking For More Easy Appetizers?
- Homemade Guacamole
- Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- Hot Crab & Corn Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks
These fun appetizers are always gone in minutes! A classic pigs in a blanket recipe kicked up with everyone’s favorite bagel seasoning!
- 8 ounce tube crescent dough
- 12 ounce package beef or turkey cocktail franks
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unwrap the crescent dough and separate the triangles. Cut each triangle into 3 long triangles.
- Wrap up the hot dogs, starting with the thinnest side of the triangle and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
- Brush the tops of the hot dogs with the egg wash and then sprinkle on the everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Serve with mustard or honey mustard for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pigs in a blanket, hot dogs, cocktail wieners, cocktail franks, appetizer recipes, easy recipes, easy appetizers