These Polenta BLT Appetizers will be a hit at your next party! With a little help from the store these appetizers are on the party table in no time!
The Perfect One Bite Appetizer Recipe
Bite-sized BLT appetizers on fried polenta. Yep, that’s a tasty appetizer if I do say so myself. Store bought polenta helps make these apps totally easy to put together. But you could make your own polenta if you want to…and if you do make your own you can add in your own twists like cheese or spicy seasonings.
Also you can cut the polenta out in any shape you want to if you make your own. Any type of cookie cutters you have would work, or just in different shapes with a knife. What I love about this appetizer recipe is that it’s a perfect bite! No awkward trying to bite something in half or have it fall apart at a party, just pop it all in!
How To Make Polenta BLT Appetizers
And I used pancetta instead of bacon here – but you could obviously use bacon if that’s what you have…
To make these just cut your polenta into whatever bite-sized shape you want to and then get them into some butter in a skillet. A couple of minutes on each side should get them crispy and brown.
In the same pan cook up your pancetta or bacon until it’s crispy and then get ready to make your apps!
Grab some cherry tomatoes, lettuce, the fried polenta and the pancetta. The fried polenta is the base, then top with a piece of lettuce followed by the pancetta and topped of with a tomato.
Stick a toothpick through the center and repeat. It’s a one bite BLT that’s perfect for your next party!
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?Print
These bite sized BLT appetizers make the perfect party appetizer!
- 1 (18 oz.) tube of polenta sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 4 oz. pancetta
- boston bib lettuce, friseé or any type of leafy lettuce
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 T. butter
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the sliced polenta and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and let cool.
- To the same skillet add the pancetta and cook on both sides until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and let cool.
- Assemble with the polenta on the bottom, a piece of lettuce next, then the pancetta and a tomato on top.
- Secure with a toothpick and serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon appetizers, appetizer recipes, polenta appetizers, party food, one bite appetizers, blt recipes