These Chicken Fajita Meatballs are a party in a bite! Juicy, baked chicken meatballs with diced bell peppers that are bursting with flavor!
We love meatballs, I mean we really do. Our favorite way to get our meatball fix is our Grandma’s Sunday Meatballs & Sauce recipe, but there’s so many more to choose from! For an all purpose, healthy meatball recipe check out our Baked Chicken Meatballs, too!
Juicy Chicken Fajita Meatballs Recipe
There’s a few secret ingredients that make these chicken meatballs extra special. Sour cream and salsa stirred right into the ground chicken mixture help not only flavor these meatballs but make them super juicy and moist.
because no one wants a dry meatball, am I right?
We serve these Chicken Fajita Meatballs for appetizers or for dinner. Set out a few different dipping sauces for appetizers, or a plate of Cilantro Lime Rice on the side for the main meal. Either way, we know you’re going to love these juicy little meatballs!
How To Make Chicken Fajita Meatballs
First you’re going to cook up the peppers, onions and garlic in a skillet. Once that’s cooled down you can add the vegetables to a large bowl along with the ground chicken and the rest of the meatballs ingredients.
Use a #20, 2 ounce scooper to portion out these golf ball size meatballs and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees and your dinner is done! These Chicken Fajita Meatballs are so delicious all on their own, they don’t need much else.
What Kind Of Dipping Sauce Can I Serve With These Meatballs?
BUT, of course, if you need a little something on the side, we have a few dipping sauce options for you!
- Salsa (or creamy salsa, salsa mixed with mayonnaise)
- Homemade Guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Bang Bang Sauce
Can This Meatball Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! These baked meatballs are one of our favorite ways to meal prep. Just make a whole bunch of these little guys and have them to eat during the week, or freeze them for another time.
Pull them out and reheat just until warmed though and you have a party appetizer or a dinner ready to go in just minutes!
What Are Some Other Ways I can Serve These Chicken Meatballs?
Besides just eating them as is, you can add these meatballs to a salad or on top of a bowl of pasta or rice. We even like using these meatballs as a filling for a meatball sub, topped withe melted cheese! You can get creative with the cheese instead of just using mozzarella, use a spicy pepper jack cheese or a more mild Mexican blend.
Or try cutting the meatballs in half and adding them to a quesadilla or a topping on a Mexican pizza! Tacos, burritos, a sandwich wrap…there’s tons of possibilities!
Another way we serve these meatballs is to place them in a baking dish, top them with salsa and a good layer of cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and you’ll have the some pretty epic party meatballs at the ready! When we make these Chicken Fajita Meatballs this way, I do like a specific type of salsa.
Grab a salsa that’s on the thicker side, but not a lot of chunks if you know what I mean. Tostitos brand salsa is great for this, not saying other brands don’t have tasty salsa but you don’t want a salsa that has a more watery consistency for the base. Great for chips, but not so much for topping these meatballs!
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
- Cocktail Meatballs with Sweet Chili Sauce
- BBQ Party Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs
- Cheeseburger Meatballs
Chicken Fajita Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 22 meatballs 1x
These Chicken Fajita Meatballs are perfect for appetizers or the main meal! A healthy, low fat, high protein recipe that the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers to the skillet and cook for 7-8 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook and minute longer. Remove the skillet form the heat and let the vegetables cool.
- Add the ground chicken, salt, cumin, garlic powder, bread crumbs, egg, sour cream and salsa to a bowl. Mix together to combine the ingredients and then stir in the cooled peppers and onions.
- Use a #20, 2 ounce scooper (like the size of a golf ball) to portion out the meatballs. Spray your hands with cooking spray to help keep the mixture from sticking to your hands. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs as appetizers with your dipping sauce of choice, or with rice on the side for dinner.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, easy chicken recipes, low fat recipes, healthy recipes, ground chicken recipes, chicken meatballs, baked meatball recipe, party food ideas