Cocktail Meatballs with Sweet Chili Sauce are so addictive, you might forget that dinner is coming next! A great appetizer for sharing at parties.
This Is One Of My Favorite Meatball Appetizer Recipes
These Cocktail Meatballs with Sweet Chili Sauce are definitely one of my favorite meatball appetizers. I say that a lot, I know. But these are IT. Full of bacon – a half pound to be exact – quick pan fried and covered with a chili remoulade sauce that you’ll be using for everything. And I mean everything.
Use it for french fries, on sandwiches, even as a dip for vegetables or as a dressing on you favorite iceberg salad. It’s that good.
The interesting part about this recipe is how the bacon gets mixed into the meatballs. It’s raw, not cooked ahead of time. But surprisingly you don’t get chewy bacon. It’s crispy on the outside where the meatball hits the oil in the pan and on the inside…it just kind of melts away and flavors the pork.
Pan Frying Makes These Pork Meatballs Perfect
I tried at first baking these meatballs and they turned out OK. But OK isn’t what I’m going for. So a quick pan fry is what you need to do to get the best flavor out of these meatballs, trust me on that one.
Once they’re cooked through and nice and crispy, remove them and let them drain on a paper towel lined plate. Mix up the sauce with just a few ingredients and you’re on your way to some of the best tasting meatballs ever.
You Can Even Serve These Meatballs For Dinner Instead Of An Appetizer
You can pour the sauce on top or serve it on the side for dipping. Whatever way you do it, these are going to blow your party guests away.
What? Not having a party? Then just whip these up for dinner over rice or with a salad. Hopefully you’ll have just a few leftover because these are great midnight snacks too – cold from the fridge!
Looking For More Meatball Appetizer Recipes?
- Crock Pot Asian Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Zesty Mustard Glazed Cocktail Meatballs
- Cheeseburger Meatballs
- Thai Shrimp Meatballs
These Cocktail Meatballs with Sweet Chili Sauce are so addictive, you might forget that dinner is actually coming next! They are a great appetizer for sharing at parties.
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into a small dice
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
For the Remoulade:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (you can substitute ketchup if you need to)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together in a large bowl.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop, portion out the meatballs and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet with the canola oil and cook the meatballs over medium heat, turning to crisp on all sides for a total cooking time of 10-12 minutes. Cut a meatball open to test, making sure the center is no longer pink.
- Remove the meatballs to a paper towel lined plate, then mix the ingredients together for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce on the side for dipping and garnish with chopped scallions.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon meatballs, pork meatballs recipe, meatball recipe, how to make meatballs, easy meatballs recipe, meatball appetizer, meatball appetizer recipe, meatballs for party, party meatball recipe