Easy date night ideas are a must-have for any couple. These 18 foods and drinks are perfect for whenever you want a fun night in with your partner.
We’re big fans of keeping the romance alive in a relationship. Whether you’ve just started dating someone or have been married for 20 years, it’s important to always keep dating your significant other.
Sometimes making time for dates with your partner can feel like a burden, which is why we’re a huge fan of easy date night ideas at home.
A great date doesn’t need to mean getting dressed up, leaving the house, and spending a lot of money. It just needs to be quality time spent with your other half. We’re constantly coming up with easy date night ideas at home, to make sure that we’re carving out enough time for each other.
And it shouldn’t be any surprise that most of our date night ideas revolve around food. We love good food and drinks, and there are few ways we’d rather spend time than by eating and drinking yummy things with each other.
What Makes a Good Easy Date Night Idea?
There are a few different things that go into easy date night ideas. Here are the essentials in our eyes.
- It’s actually easy. Easy date nights should actually be easy! The entire point of an easy date night idea is that you don’t need to stress over it. You should spend your day excited for that evening’s date, rather than fretting over getting home on time, getting the food thrown together, and making sure everything’s good. Whether you’re making a full meal or just some cocktails together, it should actually be easy enough that you’re looking forward to it.
- Minimal clean up. Similarly, you don’t want to spend your date night fretting about the clean up that awaits you afterwards, or the next day. A good easy date night idea will have minimal clean up, so you can just enjoy the food, drinks, and company.
- It’s fun. Despite being easy, you also want to make sure that something actually differentiates a date night from any other night. Maybe that means you eat something a little more indulgent, or a little more expensive than you normally would. Perhaps it’s just a really fun food you’ve been meaning to try, or a weekday cocktail that you would usually save for the weekend.
- Have some more activities planned. We’ve got you covered for fun food and drink recipes, but you can take your home date to the next level by planning a fun activity. It doesn’t have to be anything big, but knowing that after dinner you’ll play a game, or watch a movie makes your date night a lot more fun.
- Be present. Part of the fun of a date night, even a simple date night idea, is that it reminds us of when we first started dating someone. When you went on your first dates with your partner, you probably didn’t have your phone out while eating dinner, or the TV on in the background. So make that the case when having a date night at home. Put away your phones and other distractions, and just be present with your partner … and with your food and drinks!
Now let’s get to making some easy date night ideas.