These Chicken Marsala Wings are my favorite chicken dinner turned into an appetizer!
Spring has not been so good here in Jersey so far, but even if you’re inside, these Chicken Marsala Wings will be a perfect appetizer for your party.
Chicken Marsala is my go to meal when we go out to eat. When I’m just not sure what to order I just get Chicken Marsala. It’s usually made the same way wherever you go – so there’s not a lot of variations to the recipe…you usually know what you’re going to get.
So because chicken marsala is my favorite kind of meal, I was trying to think of some different ways it…wings, I thought. Let’s turn chicken marsala into wings.
These wings are baked – not fried – I’m gonna give you a break on the frying for this recipe, so get your oven ready to go at 425° and get your wings on in there for 45 minutes until they’re nice and crispy.
While the wings are roasting you can make the marsala sauce which comes together pretty quick.
Then when the wings are done toss them with the marsala sauce until they’re completely coated.
At this point you can throw them back in the oven to set the sauce a little, or you can dive right in if you like them saucy the way we do.
Just grab a whole stack of napkins and you’re good to go!
- 20 chicken wings
- Salt, pepper and canola oil for seasoning the wings
For the Marsala Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle lightly with oil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking time.
- In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients for the marsala sauce, except for the cornstarch, and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce is boiling, mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water until smooth then whisk into the sauce.
- Bring back to a boil and remove from the heat.
- When the wings are done, toss them in a large bowl with the marsala sauce and serve.
Note: After you toss the wings in the sauce you can also put them back in the oven for 5 minutes to cook the sauce on the wings.