Peanut Chicken Fried Rice is packed with tons of vegetables, lean ground chicken and brown or white rice. Tossed with the most addicting peanut sauce that you can make as mild or spicy as you like!
Peanut Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Our boys could (and sometimes do) eat fried rice multiple days of the week. We love to use fried rice recipes to empty out the fridge and pack as many veggies as we can into dinner.
This Peanut Chicken Fried Rice recipe is one of our new favorites! Lean ground chicken, tons of vegetables and of course a super addictive peanut sauce. We used a brown and wild rice medley for this particular recipe but you can use regular brown rice or white rice instead. Like most fried rice recipes, it’s a “whatever you have on hand” type of dinner!
A Super Creamy, Not So Spicy Peanut Sauce Recipe
Of course, you can spice up this peanut sauce as much as you like, or keep it on the mild side if you don’t like too much heat. This recipe is pretty mild as far as the spice goes, just enough for a little background heat but not too spicy for those that don’t like a lot of heat in their food.
Ingredients For Making Peanut Sauce:
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Ginger – You can finely mince fresh ginger or use ginger paste in a tube. You can find these tubes right in the produce section at your grocery store.
- Garlic – Same with the ginger, finely mince or use a garlic press or use garlic paste in a tube.
- Soy Sauce
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Toasted Sesame Oil
Add all the ingredients to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds just to loosen up the peanut butter. Whisk together and set aside.
How Do You Make Fried Rice?
The best way to make fried rice is with day old, leftover rice. The moisture has evaporated, leaving the rice is dry so the grains won’t get mushy or stick together when you go to make your fried rice.
However, we love fried rice so much that we don’t always have that option. We either make a batch of rice in the morning and spread it out on a sheet pan and let it cool in the refrigerator until dinner or use bags of frozen, microwaveable rice.
Start this Peanut Chicken Fried Rice by cooking ground chicken in a skillet or wok with a little oil. When the chicken is mostly cooked through, add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften.
For the vegetable base in this fried rice recipe, we used diced cabbage, shredded carrots and sugar snap peas. But of course, you can switch that up to your liking. Broccoli is a great options, scallions, peas and even a couple of scrambled eggs if you like!
All that’s left to do is to add the peanut sauce to the fried rice, a little at a time to get the consistency that you want. You might not use all the sauce, it depends on how much volume is in your skillet.
Can I Make This Fried Rice Low Carb?
Yep. If you’re following a low carb or keto diet plan, just swap out the rice for our Homemade Cauliflower Rice, or grab a few bags of frozen cauliflower rice from the store. Also try swapping out some of the vegetables like the sugar snap peas for a lower carb option like green beans or asparagus.
Looking For More Fried Rice Recipes?
- Steak Fajita Fried Rice
- Hibachi Style Pork Fried Rice
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
- BBQ Pork Fried Rice
- Corned Beef & Cabbage Fried Rice
This Peanut Chicken Fried Rice is a healthy and fast dinner that the whole family will love! Ton of vegetables go into this fried rice recipe so it’s dinner all in one bowl!
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups diced or shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups snow peas or sugar snap peas, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
For The Peanut Sauce:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons – 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (depending on how spicy you want the sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Chopped peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
- Add the ingredients for the peanut sauce to a microwave safe bowl and then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add the oil to a large skillet (at least 13 inch) or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cooking while breaking up into crumbles until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the diced onion to the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the chopped garlic, ginger paste, salt, garlic powder, cabbage, carrots and sugar snap peas. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes, then pour in the chicken broth, cover and steam the vegetables for another 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and toss with the vegetables and chicken.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the fried rice a little at a time and toss together until you get the consistency that you like. You might not need all of the peanut sauce, we prefer the fried rice to be less “saucy” but add as much or as little as you like!
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, sriracha and cilantro if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, fried rice recipe, peanut sauce recipe, easy dinner recipes, healthy recipes, easy chicken recipes, recipes with ground chicken