For a unique, customizable party snack you’ve got to try these Fried Party Pasta Chips! Once you make these, you’ll never throw out your leftover pasta again!
I love putting out different types of appetizers that your guests flip out over. Sometimes even the simplest things like this Chicken Caesar Bruschetta or Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks turn out to be the crowd favorites.
Do I Use Leftover Or Fresh Pasta For Pasta Chips?
These pasta chips are no exception, a totally easy idea, simple ingredients but knock out flavor. And just like potato chips, you’e not going to be able to stop at just one. All you need is leftover pasta (or boil some up if you can’t wait) and grab a few of your favorite seasonings.
And you’re not going to believe what happens when they come out.
Crispy, browned pasta chips. Literally better than a potato chip in my opinion. We used a multi-colored bow tie pasta for ours but any tube shaped pasta you have on hand will do.
If you don’t have leftover pasta just give your pasta a quick boil, only about 4-5 minutes and then drain hit really good – even hit it with a few paper towels so you don’t get water splattering in your oil.
What To Do With Leftover Pasta
This recipe started off as a leftover idea. Sometimes you just end up making way too much pasta, right? But it’s so easy and so awesome tasting that we started boiling up pasta just to make these chips. The boys go totally crazy for them – especially the taco flavor!
If you have a deep fryer than grab it, otherwise take your leftover pasta and get it in a skillet with some olive oil. Maybe a little healthier this way but the deep fry gets them super crispy…
Flavors For Fried Pasta Chips
We used a few different flavors just to give you some ideas but you can stick to whatever seasoning you like. Just plain old salt and pepper will be awesome, I guarantee.
But if you want to get a little crazy with your spices then try a few of our ideas…
Fist of, of course, is the taco seasoning –
Then an Asian spice blend –
For the Asian I actually had a seasoning mix that you can find in your grocery store, or you can use toasted sesame seeds, a little ground ginger and garlic powder.
Then garlic and cumin –
Once these pasta chips come out of the oil, they all get seasoned with salt. Then just toss them with whatever spices your using and pour into bowls to serve. Don’t even get me started with dipping sauces. That list would go on way too long.
But these Party Pasta Chips are amazing all on their own too.
And just plan on making a whole bunch cause these are going to be a hit with everyone!
If you guys make these and come up with any other seasonings make sure to leave a comment and let me know…I’ll be making another batch real soon.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Baked Marsala Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp
- Copycat Totino’s Pizza Rolls
For a different, totally amazing and customizable party snack you’ve got to try these Fried Party Pasta Chips! Serves a crowd!
- 1 lb. mini bow tie pasta, leftover or (boiled fresh for only for 5 minutes, undercooking it works best)
- olive oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder mixed with 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Asian blend (or a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds, a 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger and a 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder missed together)
- Kosher salt
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water for only five minutes, then drain well onto paper towels.If using leftover pasta make sure it’s not over cooked or mushy because it won’t crisp up as well.
- In a large skillet heat a thin, even layer of olive oil then add the pasta in a single layer.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy and brown, turning halfway through.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate, salt immediately and start another batch.
- Repeat until all the pasta is cooked and then toss with desired seasonings.
- These pasta chips are best served the same day, but if cooked until very crispy (deep fryer method works best) then they’ll keep in s storage container for 2-3 days.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizer recipes, appetizers, fried pasta, fried appetizers, fried food, party food ideas