For a super fun party snack, you’ve got to try these Pasta Chips! Make them in most any pasta shape, crispy, crunchy and addicting!
- 1 pound mini bow tie pasta, leftover or (boiled fresh for only for 5 minutes, undercooking it works best)
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder mixed with 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Asian blend (or a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds, a 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger and a 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder missed together)
- Kosher salt
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water for only five minutes, then drain well onto paper towels. If using leftover pasta make sure it’s not over cooked or mushy because it won’t crisp up as well.
- In a large skillet heat a thin, even layer of olive oil then add the pasta in a single layer.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy and brown, turning halfway through.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate, salt immediately and start another batch.
- Repeat until all the pasta is cooked and then toss with desired seasonings.
- These pasta chips are best served the same day, but if cooked until very crispy (deep fryer method works best) then they’ll keep in s storage container for 2-3 days.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried pasta, pasta chips, leftover pasta recipe