These Nacho Chicken Wings are baked with a tortilla crust and topped with all your favorite nacho toppings! You’ve got to try these baked chicken wings as an appetizer at your next party!
We love fun chicken wing recipes! If you’re looking for inspiration, be sure to check out our baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, these Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings, and these Peanut Butter and Jelly Wings!
A Fun Chicken Wing Recipe For Parties!
Let’s talk for a second about these nacho chicken wings. Tortilla crusted wings covered with cheese and topped with guacamole and fresh PICO DE GALLO. Don’t worry about all the toppings either, pile them on, these wings can handle it.
Bonus? These chicken wings are baked, not fried so we’re not going to feel guilty at all about adding all the nacho toppings we want.
If you are planning on making these chicken wings for a party, you can serve them right from the oven and set out all the toppings on a platter so your guests can top their own wings! Chicken wings don’t get much more fun that that my friends, fun enough to make a whole party.
How Do You Make This Nacho Chicken Wing Recipe?
Grab your chicken wings and let’s start breading them.
Throw a bunch of tortilla chips into your blender or food processor and crush them up until they look like breadcrumbs. OK Pause a second. Let’s talk a bit about different kinds of chips you could use for these wings…
- Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Cheetos? I don’t know, let me know if you try it…
This is where you could go a little crazy with your wings here – or maybe make some different coatings for a party. These are FUN chicken wings, like I said before.
We used regular tortilla chips for these Nacho Wings, I like to stick to a traditional flavor for the base recipe!
How Long Do These Chicken Wings Take To Bake?
Get them on a baking sheet and bake them for about 35 minutes. You’re going to need your oven turned up high to 450 to get these guys nice and crispy.
Also to help them brown you can spray the wings with cooking spray or an oil spray to help them crisp up!
Now, take the wings out of the oven and cover them in grated cheddar cheese. Use as much or as little as you want here…I’ll leave that part up to you. And yep, you can also get creative with your cheese flavor here!
- Monterey or Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- American Cheese
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Colby or Colby Jack Cheese
What Toppings Should I Put On Nacho Chicken Wings?
Now the wings go back in the oven for 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese…and then it’s time for the toppings.
We went with drizzle of guacamole cream, pickled jalapeños and fresh pico de gallo. But feel free to keep piling on the toppings!
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Black Beans or Refried Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Hot Sauce
The more toppings the better!
Pin this recipe below to save it for later!
Looking For More Chicken Wing Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Asian Glazed Chicken Wings
- Salt & Vinegar Wings
- Chicken Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings
- Fried Whiskey Chicken Wings
These Nacho Chicken Wings are baked with a tortilla crust and topped with all your favorite nacho toppings! A perfect appetizer recipe for your next party!
- 4 pounds of chicken wings, separated and wing tips discarded
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups ground tortilla chips, (I crushed the chips with my hand and filled my blender up to the 5 cups line, this will give you about 2 cups of ground chips)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
For the Toppings:
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh PICO DE GALLO or diced tomatoes
- Fresh or store bought guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Set up three bowls for a breading station, the flour in one, the crushed tortilla chips in another and the eggs in the third.
- Combine the cumin, salt and pepper in a small dish and then use it to season the wings on both sides.
- Dip each wing in the flour first, then the eggs and then finally the ground tortilla chips.
- Place onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and repeat with the remaining wings.
- Spray the wings with cooking spray (or you can use and olive oil mister) and put them in the oven for 35 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Remove the wings from the oven and cover each wing with some of the grated cheese, then place back in the oven for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top the wings with the guacamole, salsa and pickled jalapeños and serve.
To make the guacamole sauce for drizzling, smooth store bought guacamole works best. Fill a sealable bag with the guacamole and snip a small hole in one corner of the bag. Drizzle over the chicken wings right before serving.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, nacho recipe, appetizer recipe, easy chicken wings, chicken wing recipe, best chicken wings, how to bake chicken wings