These Nacho Chicken Wings are baked with a tortilla crust and topped with all your favorite nacho toppings! A perfect appetizer recipe for your next party!
- 4 pounds of chicken wings, separated and wing tips discarded
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups ground tortilla chips, (I crushed the chips with my hand and filled my blender up to the 5 cups line, this will give you about 2 cups of ground chips)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
For the Toppings:
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh PICO DE GALLO or diced tomatoes
- Fresh or store bought guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Set up three bowls for a breading station, the flour in one, the crushed tortilla chips in another and the eggs in the third.
- Combine the cumin, salt and pepper in a small dish and then use it to season the wings on both sides.
- Dip each wing in the flour first, then the eggs and then finally the ground tortilla chips.
- Place onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and repeat with the remaining wings.
- Spray the wings with cooking spray (or you can use and olive oil mister) and put them in the oven for 35 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Remove the wings from the oven and cover each wing with some of the grated cheese, then place back in the oven for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top the wings with the guacamole, salsa and pickled jalapeños and serve.
To make the guacamole sauce for drizzling, smooth store bought guacamole works best. Fill a sealable bag with the guacamole and snip a small hole in one corner of the bag. Drizzle over the chicken wings right before serving.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American