Whiskey Fried Chicken Nuggets are lightly fried then tossed in an addicting whiskey glaze! Serve this chicken nugget recipe for appetizers or dinner!
We love cooking with booze! Most or all of the alcohol burns off during cooking so don’t worry about the kiddos! Super common recipes that kids eat all the time are made with alcohol like Penne Alla Vodka (Penne with Vodka Sauce) or a restaurant favorite, Chicken Marsala!
A Chicken Nugget Recipe For The Books!
Kids and adults alike love chicken nuggets…in fact I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like chicken nuggets! Unless you’re a vegetarian of course, but most carnivores do get down with a chicken nugget from time to time.
We chose to lightly fry this chicken nugget recipe and then toss those nuggets in our famous whiskey glaze. The result is one of the most delicious, addicting chicken nuggets you’ll ever eat!
Serve these nuggets for appetizers or diner, just make sure to make enough to go around!
Do I Need A Deep Fryer To Make These Chicken Nuggets?
This is a question that I get asked a lot. How do you make fried food without an actual deep fryer? The answer is really simple – no, you do not need a depp fryer or a FryDaddy to make these nuggets.
All you need is a deep, heavy bottomed pot filled just halfway with oil. Vegetable or canola oil work best for frying, you don’t want to use olive oil or something with a low smoke point.
Let’s get started on these Whiskey Fried Chicken Nuggets! First you dip your chicken in the beer batter and fry it up…
After a few minutes when the chicken turns golden brown, drain it on a plate lined with paper towels and finish frying the rest of the chicken. Now for the fun part – the delicious whiskey glaze!
Whiskey Glaze Ingredients:
There are a few ingredients for this whiskey glaze but it comes together really quickly.
- Canola oil
- Pineapple juice
- Teriyaki sauce
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
Just whisk those ingredients together in a small pot and bring to a boil. Let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes until it thickens then it’s ready for dipping…
Pour the sauce over the fried chicken pieces or toss them together in a large bowl. Either way will work, just get them coated really well.
Try adding some sesame seeds to this chicken nuggets recipe for garnish! If you’re serving this chicken for dinner, try a side of streamed broccoli and rice. Homemade french fries are always a go to for chicken dinners too so you definitely have options!
Can I Bake These Chicken Nuggets Instead?
Maybe you’re trying to save some calories, or you’re just not a fan of deep frying…I get it. But don’t let that stop you from making these glazed nuggets. Skip the batter and follow our Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets recipe instead! When they are finished, toss them with the whiskey glaze and serve.
Looking For More Chicken Recipes?
- Creamy Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Francese
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan Wings
Fried chicken bites tossed in a tangy and sweet whisky glaze! Perfect for appetizers or a fun dinner at home!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch pieces
- Sesame seeds for garnish
For the Beer Batter:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light beer
For the Whiskey Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, or you can use 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey or bourbon, we used Hudson Whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- First make the beer batter. Add the flour, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add in the beer while whisking until it looks like a thin pancake batter.
- Fill a large, deep pot halfway with canola oil or vegetable oil. Set the heat to a medium-high let it come to about 375-400 degrees.
- While your oil is heating up, add all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium sauce pot. Stir and let it about 20 minutes. Cover and keep warm until you’re done frying the chicken.
- When your oil is ready, take your chicken pieces, a few at a time, and coat it with the beer batter. Let some of the excess drain off and lower it into the oil with a slotted spoon or a frying spider. I did this in about 4 batches, you don’t want to crowd the pot and bring the temp down too much. Fry the chicken for about 5 minutes, flipping it over during cooking. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Pour the glaze into a large bowl. Toss the fried chicken in batches until they are all coated with the glaze and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: appetizers
- Method: deep fry
- Cuisine: drinks
Keywords: fried chicken, fried chicken bites, whiskey glaze, appetizer recipes, chicken recipes, dinner recipes, deep fried chicken