Whiskey Glazed Chicken Nuggets are lightly fried then tossed in our addicting whiskey glaze! Serve this chicken nugget recipe for appetizers or dinner!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 2 inch pieces
- Sesame seeds for garnish
For the Beer Batter:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light beer
For the Whiskey Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, or you can use 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whiskey or bourbon, we used Hudson Whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- First make the beer batter. Add the flour, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add in the beer while whisking until it looks like a thin pancake batter.
- Fill a large, deep pot halfway with canola oil or vegetable oil. Set the heat to a medium-high let it come to about 375-400 degrees.
- While your oil is heating up, add all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium sauce pot. Stir and let it about 20 minutes. Cover and keep warm until you’re done frying the chicken.
- When your oil is ready, take your chicken pieces, a few at a time, and coat it with the beer batter. Let some of the excess drain off and lower it into the oil with a slotted spoon or a frying spider. I did this in about 4 batches, you don’t want to crowd the pot and bring the temp down too much. Fry the chicken for about 5 minutes, flipping it over during cooking. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Pour the glaze into a large bowl. Toss the fried chicken in batches until they are all coated with the glaze and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried chicken, fried chicken bites, whiskey glaze, chicken recipes, deep fried chicken, glazed chicken