Fried Tequila Cornbread is such a fun dessert recipe for your next party! Crispy, fried cornbread soaked in tequila and dusted with powdered sugar!
A Fun Dessert Recipe For Parties
long with those you should definitely try this I know everyone will be breaking out their favorite margarita recipes next week for Cinco de Mayo along with all the Mexican classics that everyone loves to eat. Along with those you should definitely try this Fried Tequila Cornbread to get the party started!
When margaritas have been drunk and the bucket of Coronas is empty and you’re ready to throw out some dessert, try this Tequila Cornbread. Easy – yes, it’s only three ingredients. And definitely tasty…sweet corn bread dipped in tequila, quick fried and covered with powdered sugar.
How To Make Fried Tequila Cornbread
The only thing I will tell you about this recipe is that you need to make it, serve it and eat it. It’s not great if you let it sit around too long. But don’t worry about that too much – because after you put this Tequila Cornbread out on the table, it won’t be sitting around long at all.
Here’s all you need to do. Get yourself some store-bought cornbread and cut it into large squares.
Heat up a pot of oil for frying and start dipping the cornbread squares in tequila. I used a reposado tequila for this recipe, it’s not too expensive but has great flavor that works perfectly for this dessert.
These corn bread squares are going to take a quick dip in the tequila. When I say quick I mean quick. Literally in and out otherwise it’ll get too soggy.
Fry the cornbread in batches and set aside and let cool on paper towels. COVER with powdered sugar and lime zest and serve.
Dessert done. Or shots done? Either way, it’s fried cornbread soaked in tequila. You can’t go wrong.
Looking For More Boozy Dessert Recipes?
- RumChata Chocolate Egg Pudding Shots
- Sugared Prosecco Grapes
- Pineapple Upside Down Whiskey Cakes
- Irish Whiskey Cheesecake Shots
This super fun and tasty dessert recipe is going to be a hit at all of your parties!
- 1 pound store bought cornbread
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- Powdered sugar
- Fill a pot halfway with oil and place over medium heat.
- Cut the cornbread into large cubes. Quickly dip the cubes into the tequila and set aside on a board.
- Once the oil reaches 350 degrees, fry the cornbread for 2 minutes until just crisp and slightly brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and continue with the remaining cornbread.
- Dust the cornbread with powdered sugar and lime zest and serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert recipes, cornbread, party desserts