Make these Tequila Lime Crush Bars for the perfect ending to a meal with friends! Boozy desserts are always going to be a hit at parties!
An Easy Dessert Recipe For Parties
These Tequila Lime Crush Bars are the perfect ending to tequila week here at Mantitlement. I know you’ve all seen tequila lime chicken done a hundred times, or tequila used in a type of barbecue sauce. But I wanted to turn an actual cocktail into a dessert this time…so I took my Tequila Lime Crush Cocktail and made them into boozy dessert bars.
Just in case you didn’t get enough tequila in the past couple of days…
You can definitely taste the tequila in here, so make sure you use a good one like the Hornitos® Plata I’ve been using this week. And this isn’t an overly sweet dessert either, which I like for this recipe so that the tequila flavor really comes through.
This dessert is also one of those really easy to make recipes that don’t actually look like they were easy to make (again, if I can do it, I’m pretty sure everyone can) but they’ll totally stand up to any Father’s Day dinner you might be hosting this weekend. And they taste pretty amazing too which is what really matters. You could kind of describe them as tasting like a key lime pie with a shot of tequila on the side – and seeing as I love key lime pie and I love tequila this dessert totally works for me.
Serving up some Tequila Lime Crush Bars on Sunday to your Dad will definitely earn you some points…they could even sub-in for a gift, right? I know I’d be happy getting a plate of them!
Looking For More Easy Desserts?
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- Sugared Prosecco Grapes
- Fireball Whiskey Cheesecake Shots
- Bananas Foster
A creamy lime dessert bar with a shot of tequila!
- 1 12 ounce box of vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 1 1 /2 sticks of melted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (zest the limes before you cut them to juice)
- Lime zest
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the vanilla wafers, 1 T. of sugar and almonds in a food processor until you have a fine crumb. Add in the melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Press the crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking pan and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- In another bowl, wish together the tequila, lime juice, the 5 eggs and condensed milk.
- In a third bowl, add the 2 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Beat with a mixer until soft peaks form and then fold into the tequila mixture.
- Pour the filling onto the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice into squares and top with the fresh grated lime zest.
- Serving Size: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American