A creamy lime dessert bar with a shot of tequila!
- 1 12 ounce box of vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 1 1 /2 sticks of melted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (zest the limes before you cut them to juice)
- Lime zest
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the vanilla wafers, 1 T. of sugar and almonds in a food processor until you have a fine crumb. Add in the melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Press the crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking pan and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- In another bowl, wish together the tequila, lime juice, the 5 eggs and condensed milk.
- In a third bowl, add the 2 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Beat with a mixer until soft peaks form and then fold into the tequila mixture.
- Pour the filling onto the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice into squares and top with the fresh grated lime zest.
- Serving Size: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert recipe, boozy dessert, dessert bars